Sheriff Joe ‘suspicious’ of motive behind Obama attacks
Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona’s Maricopa County has been under fire for his immigration law-enforcement policies from protesters who simply object to what he’s doing, in a lawsuit alleging his department profiles on race, and from the federal government which has canceled agreements with his department to check for violators who arrive at his jail.
Now he’s wondering just how much of that displeasure from Washington is being generated by the perceived White House alarm over his Cold Case Posse investigation checking out suspicions raised by area tea-party officials that Barack Obama may use or try to use fraudulent documents to be on the 2012 presidential ballot in Arizona.
In an interview with WND, the sheriff said, “I am an elected sheriff. I took an oath of office to enforce all the laws of the state of Arizona. I take that very seriously. I do report to the people.”
But he said he’s considering the possibility there are political connections to the circumstances that have developed.
Freshly updated! Get the latest information on Obama’s fraudulent documents in the e-book, “Where’s the REAL Birth Certificate?”
“The investigation, I’m not sure that’s part of the puzzle or not. I wonder why they are going after me,” he said. “I’m a little suspicious of what’s going on. The reason I’m suspicious is that the president mentioned me recently.”
“The president didn’t like the way I enforce 1070 (a state law regarding immigration),” he said.
(Story continues below)
- Sheriff Joe to Obama: I’ll keep doing my job (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Presidential Candidate: Meeting with Sheriff Joe Arpaio Yielded “Devastating” Information (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, talks about his Birther Posse – sixty retired law enforcers and lawyers ” Coach is Right (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio Task Force Investigating Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Steve King Defends Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio (gunnyg.wordpress.com)