(“In defining conservatism, Reagan said: “If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism.”) ~ Conservatism in the United States – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals—if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories.
The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.”
Reagan’s views on government were influenced by Thomas Jefferson, especially his hostility to strong central governments. “We’re still Jefferson’s children,” he declared in 1987. “Freedom is not created by Government, nor is it a gift from those in political power. It is, in fact, secured, more than anything else, by limitations placed on those in Government”.…..
- GUNNY G: ALL WHO CALL THEMSELVES PATRIOTS, CONSERVATIVES, ETC. ARE NOT! (See EXCERPT HERE) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Inside Ronald Reagan – Reason Magazine….. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Barry Goldwater – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Why the NBN will be controlled from America – SOPA and PIPA – Learn more – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (rajcairnsreport.wordpress.com)
- REAGAN On CONSERVATISM and LIBERTARIANISM…Inside Ronald Reagan – Reason Magazine (gunnyg.wordpress.com)