Local driver on rising gas prices: ‘I think it sucks’
“I think it sucks!” said Emily Chandler, a Boise driver.
She wasn’t the only one who felt that way.
“It’s not OK,” said Abu Mohamed, another local resident.
“You just got to fill up and get to work so there’s not much you can do,” Sean Nicholas said.
At $3.13 a gallon, these drivers paid 3 cents less than Boise’s average. The national average is $3.56 and that’s 35 cents higher than just one year ago and AAA says it will likely go up until the spring.
Right now refineries are making the switch from winter grade to summer grade gas and that means less supply, same demand, which equals higher prices.
Meanwhile, drivers say they are cutting back on driving, grouping their trips and some are even walking more.
“I probably wont take any vacation,” Mohamed said.
“‘ll probably cut back on some camping trips and stuff,” Nicholas said.
Others will cut back elsewhere.
“I got to go on a trip once in a while but I try to keep it down in the city,” Chandler said.
(Excerpt) Read more at kboi2.com …
- Fear of Iran is inflating gas prices (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gas Prices 2012: 8 Tips for How to Save Money on Fuel as Gas Prices Rise (ibtimes.com)
- Rising Gas Prices: All Part of Obama’s Plan? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Watch Gas Prices LITERALLY Rise Before Your Eyes (businessinsider.com)
- Pump Prices Hurt in More than One Way (myfoxphoenix.com)