The Establishment’s Last Stand: Keep Obama
He is a man who seemingly entered the race because, after a long and successful working life, he could think of nothing more impressive to top it all off than being President of the United States. From last spring to this very moment, much of the Republican Establishment has been solidly, viciously, in his corner.
And yet he cannot win.
Most people, when their candidate looks hopeless, turn to another available candidate who might be satisfactory. The Republican Establishment, which is not like most people, is beginning to murmur about a brokered convention. They are determined to get what they want, by hook or by crook, by Drudge or by Fox.
What is it that they want, exactly? To get a hint of an answer, one must look at the man they have supported thus far.
Romney clearly has no feeling for the constitutional discussion that is now the animating principle among Republican primary voters.
He never talks about the Constitution, and one senses that he would sound vastly out of his element if he did.
His argument against Obamacare—the tipping point policy in the final transformation of America from a constitutional republic to a top-down regulatory state—is purely financial, as though the annihilation of natural rights would be acceptable if it could be done frugally……
- The Drudge Distort (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Has Ron Paul Formed a Political Alliance With Mitt Romney? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Fox News star to be Ron Paul’s VP? | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” GOP Strategist: Ron Paul Will Be On The Republican Ticket (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Going Rove: Mr. Establishment ‘Squelches’ Talk of Establishment-Brokered Convention (pjmedia.com)