“Quotes” …re Barry Goldwater…
“I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size.
I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom.
My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.
It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution … or have failed their purpose … or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden.
I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ‘needed’ before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.
And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ ‘interests,’ I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”
- Gunny G: Just What the Hell Is a “Conservative,” Anyway? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- LBJ ‘Daisy Ad’ Changed American Politics, Author Says (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- IS (Who is Judge Michael #Malihi?) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Establishment Threat| The Post & Email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G’s Old Salt Marines Tavern Weblog: WHAT IS A CONSERVATIVE? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Do Conservatives Want Another Goldwater? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Just WhatThe Hell IS A “Conservative,” Anyway? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- As Sheriff Arpaio’s Investigation of Obama’s Citizenship Nears Completion – Holder Sues | Western Journalism.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- It’s All Over But the Voting ~ “The message is simple: Don’t listen to the Republican Party Establishment” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Romney & Santorum: Still Channeling Dewey & Goldwater, Throwing Caution to the Crowds & Selling Sex (carlanthonyonline.com)