The Reddest of the Red | revisedhistory
By Al Benson Jr.
The title of this article is what August von Willich was called by many in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was the editor of a radical, far-left German newspaper. He had settled in this country in 1853 after fleeing Europe because of his participation in the 1848 socialist revolutions there.
He was also called “the communist with a heart.” If you want to know what a “communist with a heart” looks like, hunt up an old photo of “Uncle Joe” Stalin or that gentle old “agrarian reformer” Mao Tse Tung and read about the millions they slaughtered. That’s “communism with a heart.”
Willich was an officer in the Prussian army when he chanced to meet that beneficent reformer, Karl Marx. Shortly after that Willich became what one web site called a “Marxian socialist.” Another web site listed him as a “convinced republican.” Seems a bit contradictory until you understand how the term “republican” is used by Communists. By Communist definition a republic is “a collectivist, totalitarian state dependent on and subservient to the Soviet Union, Red China, or other Communist power center.” Now admittedly that is a modern definition given the countries mentioned, but it fits. This is how Communists define a “republican”—someone subservient to their wishes. If you want to check as to where this definition comes from check out Amazon.com and see if you can find a book called A Communese-English Dictionary written by Professor Roy Colby.
When the War of Northern Aggression broke out Willich, who had dropped the “von” from his name, rushed to join the Union cause. In 1861 he was made colonel of the 32nd Indiana—a German-American regiment.
Like most leftists…..
- Obama As Marxist… ~ revisedhistory | Just another WordPress.com site (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Leftist Love Affair With Lincoln and The Union… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- RE: Friedrich Engels and the Forty-eighters…~ revisedhistory… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- revisedhistory | Just another WordPress.com site (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Forty-eighter Mindset: “…cause a bloodbath to destroy the party of barbarism.” | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Chicago – Communist Paradise of the Midwest (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Alan Stang: In 1848, Communists rose in revolution across Europe, united by a document prepared for the purpose, entitled Manifesto of the Communist Party… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Divergent Paths – The Vision of Our Founders vs. the Plan of Marx (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Heritage Violations and Horace Mann’s School System… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Alger Hiss Conviction Highlighted Communist Subversion of U.S. Gov’t (gunnyg.wordpress.com)