Ron Paul, After the Convention by Terry Hulsey
……We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. – That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, – That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.
For a time America had a limited government consecrated to these few purposes. As a result, our nation stood as a beacon to the world that a free people could govern themselves and allow each of its citizens to freely direct his own destiny and to earn a golden prosperity unknown even to the kings of just a few generations before. Few can fail to be moved by the principle of democracy, so defined and so consecrated. I and my generation took up arms in a global war to defend it. But what we did not undertake to defend were the principles of unlimited democracy and unlimited government, alien elements feared by all of the Founders of our sacred republic.
In this hour America faces another purifying fire. This fire will burn away like chaff the alien notion that a majority can vote itself unlimited riches through the power of an unlimited government; it will make kindling of the worthless paper that power has pronounced as equal to money; it will turn to smoke the notion that the longstanding factions that we call political parties can produce any wealth whatsoever; it will leave as a bed of ashes the notion that a government more and more militarized abroad can fail to be more militarized at home. This trial by fire need not be self-consuming. It might well take place in a free marketplace of ideas, and so pull us from the brink of destruction. I have consecrated my whole political life to this hope, that America would freely choose to return to its Constitutional principles. This democratic choice still lies open to us.
I cling to this hope in spite of the flouting of democratic principles evidenced in this season’s nominating process. This process leaves me no honorable alternative but to make the decision that I must make now. Today I stand before you to announce that I will form an independent party for my candidacy for President of the United States.
I concede that should I fail, my candidacy will likely give power to the current President, who is most certainly no friend of our Constitutional republic. Yet of all the major candidates other
than myself, he has at least promised the use of caution and reason in the prospect of yet another destructive war in the Middle East. To vote for the nominee of the Republican Party is to vote for certain war, and for a trial by fire that may well consume our sacred republic, that may well have us give to our children as their legacy of freedom a handful of ashes……
Ron Paul’s Post-Convention Announcement?
Terry Hulsey wants him to give this explosive speech.
- (excerpt) Is This Man, President of the United States of America, the Leader of the Free World, Mentally Ill? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul On Leno: We Will Win Conscience Votes At Brokered Convention (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Warming To Potential VP Slot? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Media And GOP Are Suppressing The Reality That Ron Paul Has Reached Critical Mass (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Explanation of How Ron Paul wins regardless of vote (Their delegate-stealing plan?) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hate Ron Paul? Blame the establishment (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ARMY REPORT SAYS CHRISTIANS THREATEN US FOREIGN POLICY ~ By Chuck Baldwin (network54.com)
- LaRouche: To Stop World War III, Obama Must be Removed from Office Now ~ “In addition to these impeachable crimes, President Obama is clinically insane, and should be immediately removed…” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: That Flag On Suribachi – Japanese Witness Tells His Story . (network54.com)
- (SOMETIMES YA GOTTA CHECK THESE LINKS OUT WITH THE WAYBACK MACHINE…) OBAMA Oil sets $7 a gallon gas price target (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hey, What’s That Sound I Hear? ….that’s Aarugha, Not Oohrah!!!!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: Why Top Federal Judge Roll (Obama Case) Not Mentioned Same Tucson (Giffords) Shooting (Assassination?) ” ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+. ~ (BLOG & EMAIL) (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- “feminism traces its roots back to Karl Marx, George Engels, and Vladimir Lenin” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Obama should likely be behind bars with the results of multiple felonies he is alleged to have committed.Unfortunately…”) What are the odds Obama is Ineligible to run again for president? | Western Journalism.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (EXCERPT: Reader Response) The Declaration of Independence beautifies (and beatifies)the Constitution (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “More and More Weather Modification Programs Are Planned Without Your Knowledge or Consent” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Republic, Democracy: Definitions from the Training Manual Issued November 30, 1928 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Newt: Obama’s goal is $8 or $9 gas (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Be Left Alone… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- An Epidemic Of Terminal Ignorance By Alexander Massa (network54.com)
- If I Were the Devil: Paul Harvey (Warning for a Nation) (audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ROME IS BURNING, NERO IS FIDDLING By Lynn Stuter (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)