Prison Planet.com » NY cops break into Marine vet’s home and Taser him to death
A grand jury is expected to soon hear a case from last year in which an unarmed, 68-year-old retired black military veteran was killed by police officers in New York. Four months later, no one has been charged in the murder.
Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., a former US Marine, was killed on November 19, 2011 after police officers broke down the door of his White Plains, New York apartment. Chamberlain, who suffered from a heart condition, had accidently triggered a medical alert system on his person and then failed to respond to calls for help. Police were dispatched to his apartment, where Chamberlain greeted them by insisting he was okay and ensured them that no one was in any harm. The cops refused to take the vet’s word, however, and shot him with a both a Taser stun-gun and non-lethal projectiles, but only after breaking into his home and entering on their own accord.
Shortly after being fired at by the responding officers, Chamberlain was transported to an area hospital where he later died.
In the four months since Chamberlain’s death, outraged opponents of the police department’s mishandling have asked for charges against the cops that attacked the veteran. The officers had earlier on insisted that Chamberlain was wielding both a hatchet and a knife when they came to his aid, and attacked him while exercising self defense. New evidence, however, suggests otherwise.
According to recently released audio and video recording from the day of the incident, investigators say they have reason to believe that, despite the police officer’s insistence, Chamberlain was unarmed during the incident. They are also now under the impression that cops fired at Chamberlain as he stood in his underwear with his hands on his side — and shortly after officers exclaimed racial epithets at the man.
During an hour-long standoff in which authorities surrounded Chamberlain’s house, the veteran told them that he was okay and that they had no reason to enter his house. A new recording just released now reveals though that one of the officers on the scene told Chamberlain, “I don’t give a fuck, nigger — open the door.”
- We Are the Police, and We Are Here to Help Kill You (reason.com)
- NY cops break into Marine vet’s home and Taser him to death (rt.com)
- Killed at Home: Police Called Out on Medical Alert Shoot Dead Black Veteran, 68 (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- DA To Investigate Police Shooting Of Veteran Kenneth Chamberlain Sr. (hiphopwired.com)
- Killed at Home: White Plains, NY Police Called Out on Medical Alert Shoot Dead Black Veteran, 68 (the2012scenario.com)
- 68 year old veteran killed in his home ..! (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
- Unarmed Black Veteran Kenneth Chamberlain Shot Dead by NY Police (1oneday.wordpress.com)
- 68-year-old Kenneth Chamberlain Sr Killed by Police (freedomhallblog.wordpress.com)
- The Cult of Government Supremacy (lewrockwell.com)
- Kenneth Chamberlain, Jr. Wants Name Of Officer Involved In Father’s Fatal Shooting (newyork.cbslocal.com)