How To Whistle With Your Fingers by Brett & Kate McKay
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve wanted to know how to give a commanding whistle with my fingers in my mouth. You know. The kind you see people give in old movies when they’re hailing a taxi or trying to get the peanut guy’s attention at the ballpark. It just seemed like a cool skill to have. But alas, I’ve spent my entire young and adult life frustrated that I couldn’t uncover the secret to this age old trick.
Many of you out there reading the blog feel the same way. Believe it or not, covering how to whistle with your fingers has been one of our most requested articles. Most of the emailers shared how they had a grandpa or dad who knew how to give a loud, forceful whistle with their fingers (in my case, my mom was the master of this kind of whistle). Like me, they thought it was a cool skill, but one which unfortunately hadn’t been passed onto them.
So I finally made it a goal to once and for all figure out how to whistle with my fingers, so that I could create an AoM tutorial on the subject. After just forty minutes of annoying my wife with intense practice, I finally mastered the skill that had eluded me since I was eight years old. Achievement unlocked!
Below, I show how you too can whistle with your fingers.
- Why NOT a Whistle (personalsafetytipsforwomen.com)
- How You Doin’: Dolphins Use Whistles to Say Hello (newsfeed.time.com)
- Troll Wagon (eunoiareview.wordpress.com)
- close my eyes & see only whistles, falling from palm sized hands (landingtrue.com)
- Wet Your Whistle (thewurdturtle365.wordpress.com)
- Bitching (gabriellaceciliapinto.wordpress.com)
- An Exchange (slog.thestranger.com)
- Dilemma of a 21Ist century mom 2 (vanguardngr.com)
- The 4 Qualities of a True Statesman by Brett & Kate McKay (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How to Whistle With Your Fingers (artofmanliness.com)