Bill Allowing IRS To Revoke Passports Described as “Stalinist”
Most pervasive restriction on mobility since Communism dominated Eastern Europe
Paul Joseph Watson
Friday, April 20, 2012
The ‘Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act’ (MAP-21) is so crammed full of unconstitutional provisions that even the mainstream media is up in arms, with an Investors Business Daily editorial describing the section that allows the IRS to revoke passports of accused tax delinquents as “Stalinist”.
As we reported earlier this week, Senate Bill 1813 would empower the Internal Revenue Service to bar Americans from leaving the country if they are merely accused of owing $50,000 or more in back taxes.
Despite numerous Supeme Court cases and the Constitution itself, namely Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 , which forbids “Bills of Attainder,” arguing against the provision’s legality, the Republican-controlled House is expected to pass the bill in its entirety without much fanfare.
However, a maelstrom of dissent appears to be brewing, even amongst mainstream media columnists including the Investor’s Business Daily, a prominent national newspaper published in Los Angeles.
In an editorial entitled IRS Might Have Stalinist Powers Under New Law, IBD remarks, “It is hard to imagine any law more reminiscent of the Soviet Union that America toppled, or its Eastern Bloc slave satellites.”
The editorial compares the notion of empowering the IRS with such authority as a new kind of unseen Berlin Wall, creating powers that will restrict mobility to a degree not seen since Communism dominated eastern Europe.
“Throughout the many decades of the 20th century’s Cold War, the freedom of movement Americans enjoyed as a cherished right was one of our secret weapons. As the Communists in Moscow promised the world utopia out of the barrel of a gun, people around the globe noticed that the Soviets needed walls and barbed wire fences to keep their people in, while in the U.S. walls were as pointless as a fish’s bicycle.”
- IRS To Revoke Passports of 30,000 U.S. Troops? (mountainrepublic.net)
- Prison Planet.com ” IRS Implements Mark of the Beast Control System (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Pay Up or Forfeit Your Passport (lewrockwell.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” IRS To Revoke Passports of 30,000 U.S. Troops? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones – IRS Travel Ban: Revoking Citizinship By Stealth – 17 April 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Does the Tax Man have the right to prevent us from traveling, (samhindu.wordpress.com)
- You Are Free To Travel – If The IRS Lets You (blacklistednews.com)
- Bill in Congress could suspend your passport if you owe taxes to the IRS (1oneday.wordpress.com)
- No Escape: Bill in Congress could suspend your passport if you own taxes to the IRS (blacklistednews.com)
- “Red Skies: Soviet Sci-Fi” (storiesbywilliams.com)