Prison Planet.com » Ron Paul Slams Internet Control Bill CISPA
“Big Brother writ” will allow feds to use corporate resources for “spying on the American people”
Ron Paul Slams Internet Control Bill CISPA CISPA supporters list 800+ companies that could help Uncle Sam snag your data
In the week that lawmakers will vote on the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CIPSA), Presidential candidate Ron Paul has slammed the legislation in an effort to raise public awareness of the dangers the bill poses to the free and open internet.
“CISPA is essentially an Internet monitoring bill that permits both the federal government and private companies to view your private online communications with no judicial oversight, provided, of course, that they do so in the name of cyber security,” Paul notes in his weekly Texas Straight Talk address.
“The bill is very broadly written and allows the Department of Homeland Security to obtain large swabs of personal information contained in your email or other online communications,” Paul urges.
“It also allows email and other private information found online to be used for purposes far beyond any reasonable definition of fighting cyber terrorism.”
Both the Electronic Freedom Foundation (EFF) and the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) have noted that CISPA effectively legislates for monitoring and collecting online communications without the knowledge of the parties concerned and funneling them directly to the National Security Agency or the DOD’s Cybercommand.
In the past few days, the bill has attracted several new sponsors, bringing the number of CISPA co-sponsors to 112 members of Congress, up from 106 at the end of last month.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
While the legislation has undergone some revision in the past few weeks, the core of the bill remains the same, prompting even the White House to issue a warning on the privacy implications for Americans.
“We should never underestimate the federal government’s insatiable desire to control the Internet,” Ron Paul notes.
“CISPA represents an alarming form of corporatism as it further intertwines governments with companies like Google and Facebook,” continues the congressman. “It permits them to hand over your private communications to government officials without a warrant, circumventing the well-known established federal laws like the Wiretap Act and the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.”
“It also grants them broad immunity from lawsuits for doing so, leaving you for without recourse for invasion of privacy,” he adds.
Paul calls a “Big Brother writ” that cuts into “the resources of the private industry to work for the nefarious purpose of spying on the American people.”
“We can only hope the American people will respond to CISPA as they did with SOPA back in January,” concludes the congressman.
Listen to Ron Paul’s important update below:
This week will see up to four pieces of cybersecurity legislation reviewed in Congress, leading sections of the media to dub it “Cyber week”.
Aside from CISPA, the other bills up for review include the DATA Act sponsored by Rep. Darrell Issa, the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act sponsored by Rep. Michael McCaul’s (R-Texas), and a computer technology research and development bill from Rep. Ralph Hall (R-Texas).
Steve Watson is the London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.net, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham in England.
- Prison Planet.com ” Red Alert: Draconian CISPA Bill Picking Up Sponsors Ahead of Vote Next Week (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Congress’ Next Privacy Showdown (thedailybeast.com)
- Proposed Amendments to #CISPA Don’t Protect Privacy (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- CISPA: Stop the Cybersecurity-Industrial Complex (freemadd.wordpress.com)
- SOPA mutates into much worse CISPA, the latest threat to internet free speech (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- Cispa finds six more sponsors as critics continue to attack new cyber spy bill (guardian.co.uk)
- Say ‘hello’ to CISPA, it will remind you of SOPA (news.cnet.com)
- Stop CISPA? Cybersecurity bill adds six new co-sponsors in two days (digitaltrends.com)
- White House warns of CISPA flaws (digitaltrends.com)
- All the state’s spies (salon.com)
- Anonymous tweetbomb: Hacktivists round on CISPA (EndtheLie.com)
- Betty Freauf – Ron Paul Was There All the Time (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Political Climate Change: Ron Paul on the College Campus Circuit by Gary North (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Successes of Ron Paul’s Campaign (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Political Climate Change (lewrockwell.com)
- Phil Hart – Why Ron Paul? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Ron Paul 2012 Ad Slams Santorum As “Fake” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul: End the IRS & Abolish the Income Tax (ronpaul.com)
- (RON PAUL SETS US ALL STRAIGHT AS TO WHAT COSERVATIVE REALLY MEANS!) ~ Ron Paul Restores Definition of Conservative in Florida Debate (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Honor of Ron Paul (lewrockwell.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul will defeat Mitt Romney in the Virginia primary (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Good News on the Dollar Front (lewrockwell.com)
- Ron Paul Interview with The New American (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Why Is It Necessary For The Federal Government To Turn The United States Into A Prison Camp? (zionistoutrage.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Ron Paul Ad Slams ‘Etch-a’Sketch’ Idiocy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Featured Stories 4/16/2012 (tatoott1009.com)
- The Strongest Man in the World (lewrockwell.com)
- Why Is It Necessary For The Federal Government To Turn The United States Into A Prison Camp? – Puppet Masters – Sott.net (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Another Witer to the Defense of Dr Ron Paul Against Attacks by Neo-con (pseudo-conservative) Writers! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Why Is It Necessary For The Federal Government To Turn The United States Into A Prison Camp? (theeconomiccollapseblog.com)
- RT: Ron Paul Still in the Race with Millions in Funding and Zero Debt (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul, Evangelicals, Jerusalem, the American Embassy, and anti-Zionists (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Cyber activists target tech (politico.com)
- Ron Paul still in the race with millions in funding and zero debt (EndtheLie.com)
- Ron Paul: I’m Still Here (usnews.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunnyg: the People (and Writers) Seem to Be Becoming More Edgy and Outspoken… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Communism Comes To America Earlier Than We Think | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Calls for Universal Right to Bear Arms at NRA Forum-UN Treaty, Is Fox News Reporting This? ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead-End Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (johnmalcolm.me)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ROME IS BURNING, NERO IS FIDDLING By Lynn Stuter (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Be Left Alone… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A WORLD GONE MAD By Paul Proctor (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Warrior Cops The Ominous Growth of Paramilitarism in American Police Departments (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- The Cultural Conservatives (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- The Patriot Webmaster’s Creed (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“…Washington’s empire extracts resources from the American people for the benefit of the few powerful interest groups that rule America…The military-security complex, Wall Street, agri-business and the Israel Lobby…”) Prison Planet.com ” Empires Th (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- If I Were the Devil: Paul Harvey (Warning for a Nation) (audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Your Papers, Please! (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- The Shifting Ethics of Law Enforcement (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- Gunny G: That Flag On Suribachi – Japanese Witness Tells His Story . (network54.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Is Bill Gates a Psychopath? (msarroub.wordpress.com)
- The Daily Bell – Nelson Hultberg on the Debut of SPOiLER, His New Political Party and How Ron Paul Could Win the Presidency (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- It’s Cyber Week in Congress: CISPA, 3 Other Bills up for Vote (mashable.com)
- Laurie Roth vies for Constitution Party nomination for president (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)