Marine Corps bans audible farting in Afghanistan
Washington – The United States Marine Corps has banned audible farting in Afghanistan because it is culturally offensive to civilians working with the military and members of the Afghan National Army.
The Military Times Marine Corps blog, Battle Rattle recently posted the news that “audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans.”
The ban has caused a stir among former and current members of the military who question the reasoning behind the decision which has ignited a firestorm of comments from readers and fellow bloggers of Battle Rattle.
Military soldiers have already been required to obey regulations ordering them to not curse around members of the Afghan army or the civilians they encounter while on patrol.
are also under orders to not discuss women or politics with people from Afghanistan. But for now, breaking wind could earn them an appearance before their superior officers……………EXCERPT
- Marine Corps discharges sergeant for Facebook posts critical of Obama (640whlo.com)
- Embedded Journo Explains Danger Rangers, Combat Diapers And Armored Toilets (businessinsider.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein kicked out of Marine Corps (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Marine Corps discharges sergeant for Facebook posts critical of Obama (mega949.com)
- Marine Corps discharges sergeant for Facebook posts critical of Obama (radio.woai.com)
- US military dismisses marine who criticized Obama on Facebook (zdnet.com)
- Marines will open infantry school to women (mercurynews.com)
- Breaking News…….Marine Corps To Kick Out Sergeant For Criticizing President Obama (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Marines discharge sergeant for Facebook posts (newsok.com)
- Marines serve the public in preparation for Marine Week Cleveland (dvidshub.net)