Sgt. Gary Stein will be barred from the military with no benefits
The U.S. marine who got into hot water by insulting President Barack Obama on Facebook has now been banned from all branches of the military and has lost his benefits.
Earlier in April, Digital Journal reported that Sergeant Gary Stein made posts criticizing President Barack Obama on his Facebook page.
Stein superimposed images of President Obama’s face on to a poster advertising the movie “Jackass”.
The comments about Obama were made on Stein’s Armed Forces Tea Party Facebook page. He posted in January: “I say screw Obama, I will not follow all orders from him.” Later, he clarified this statement by stressing that he “would not follow unlawful orders.”
Stein’s Facebook page drew more than 20,000 followers. On the page he did emphasize that the “page does not represent, and is in no way affiliated with the military, or United States Armed Forces,” and was merely intended as a place to discuss politics……EXCERPT
- BREAKING: Marine Sgt. Gary Stein DISMISSED over Obama Facebook Comments (blippitt.com)
- Marine who criticized Obama on Facebook: I wish I could take it back (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- US military dismisses marine who criticized Obama on Facebook (zdnet.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein says he wants to get into talk radio (humanevents.com)
- Gary Stein, Marine sergeant, discharged over President Obama Facebook comments (wjla.com)
- Sergeant is Discharged for Facebook Posts (newsfeedoftoday.wordpress.com)
- Gary Stein, Marine Who Criticized Obama On Facebook, Will Receive Other-Than-Honorable Discharge (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- US Marine Discharged After Trashing Obama On Facebook (mashable.com)
- Marine Discharged For Critical Obama Speech (lsnewsgroup.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein kicked out of Marine Corps (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)