Speaker Boehner protects Eric Holder from Contempt of Congress citation…again
Three months ago conservatives were jubilant over reports Congressman Darrell Issa would offer a Contempt of Congress complaint against Eric Holder.
After all, the Attorney General had openly refused to honor House Oversight Committee subpoenas for an estimated 80,000 documents vital to the Committee’s investigation of the role played by members of the Obama Regime in Operation Fast and Furious.
Holder spent nearly a year lying to Congressional committees and making clear he had no intention of honoring legal subpoenas. His Assistant Attorney General Ron Weich had written a February 4th, 2011 letter to congress claiming the criminal walking of more than 2000 firearms across the Mexican border had never happened. It was that letter which would have the distinction of being the first ever Department of Justice communication to congress which had to be withdrawn by its sender, due to certain “inaccuracies.” (1)
Yet deadlines set by Issa and Senator Charles Grassley for the production of subpoenaed documents have systematically been ignored by this corrupt Attorney General with no substantial response by congressional Republicans.
On April 27th, CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson, who has reported ferociously on Regime Fast and Furious felonies and misdemeanors since its inception, wrote of a contempt citation being prepared by Darrell Issa. Attkisson discovered a…
(Excerpt) Read more at coachisright.com …
- Contempt of Congress Charges Drafted for Eric Holder (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Republicans prepare contempt citation for AG Eric Holder over Fast and Furious (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- The Issa Chronicles (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Republicans Prepare Contempt Citation Against Obama AG Eric Holder (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- GOP prepares action against Eric Holder (wnd.com)
- Is Speaker Boehner making a deal with the Obama Administration to stop Fast & Furious? (canadafreepress.com)
- Congress Moving “Fast & Furiously” Against Holder (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Issa Escalates Anti-Holder Witchhunt With Draft Contempt of Congress Citation (thinkprogress.org)
- Republicans threaten to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt (rawstory.com)
- Congress Set to Cite Holder for Contempt (whitehousedossier.com)