Prison Planet.com » Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA
Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA
Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones’ Facebook Infowars store
May 6, 2012
After visiting Fukushima, Senator Ron Wyden warned that the situation was worse than reported … andurged Japan to accept international help to stabilize dangerous spent fuel pools.
An international coalition of nuclear scientists and non-profit groups are calling on the U.N. to coordinate a multi-national effort to stabilize the fuel pools. And see this.
Fuel pool number 4 is, indeed, the top short-term threat facing humanity.
Anti-nuclear physician Dr. Helen Caldicott says that if fuel pool 4 collapses, she will evacuate her family from Boston and move them to the Southern Hemisphere. This is an especially dramatic statement given that the West Coast is much more directly in the path of Fukushima radiation than the East Coast.
And nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen recently said (at 25:00):
There’s more cesium in that [Unit 4] fuel pool than in all 800 nuclear bombs exploded above ground…
But of course it would happen all at once.
It would certainly destroy Japan as a functioning country…
Move south of the equator if that ever happened, I think that’s probably the lesson there.
This week, Wyden said that the spent fuel is a national security threat to the U.S.:
AlterNet asked Sen. Wyden if he considers the spent fuel at Fukushima Daiichi a national security threat.
In a statement released by his office, Wyden replied, “The radiation caused by the failure of the spent fuel pools in the event of another earthquake could reach the West Coast within days. That absolutely makes the safe containment and protection of this spent fuel a security issue for the United States.”
[Robert Alvarez – a nuclear expert and a former special assistant to the United States Secretary of Energy] agrees, saying………………
- More from Sen. Wyden: Fukushima spent fuel absolutely a national security issue – Radiation caused by pool failure “could reach the West Coast within days” (enenews.com)
- Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA INFOWARS.COM (unicornivore.wordpress.com)
- Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA (wrc559.com)
- Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA (blacklistednews.com)
- Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA (washingtonsblog.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Fear Of Radiation Treated as “Psychiatric Disorder” In Fukushima (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Japanese Coalition requests UN intervention to stabilize Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 at Fukushima. (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)
- If Fukushima Unit 4 Falls, Hazardous Radioactive Cesium-137 Release Could be Eight Times Worse Than Chernobyl (wrc559.com)
- Fukushima reactor No. 4 vulnerable to catastrophic collapse; could unleash 85 times Cesium-137 radiation of Chernobyl; human civilization on the brink (antioligarch.wordpress.com)