Prison Planet.com » Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination
Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination
Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones’ Facebook Infowars store
The American Dream
Monday, May 7, 2012
Despite what you may have heard from the mainstream media, Mitt Romney does not have the Republican nomination locked up. In fact, he is rapidly losing delegates that almost everyone assumed that he already had in the bag. To understand why this is happening, you have to understand the delegate selection process. Each state has different rules for selecting delegates to the Republican national convention, and in many states the “voting” done by the public does not determine the allocation of delegates to particular candidates at all. And the truth is that delegates are the only thing that really matters in this race. In state after state, the Ron Paul campaign is focusing on the delegate selection process with laser-like precision, and it is paying off big time. At this point, there is still a legitimate chance that Ron Paul will be able to win enough delegates to deny Mitt Romney the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican
national convention in Tampa.
If Romney does not have the 1,144 delegates that he needs on the first ballot, then it becomes a brokered convention and anything becomes possible at that point.
Sadly, most Americans have no idea how this process really works.
For example, originally we were all told that Mitt Romney won Iowa.
Then, later on we were told that a mistake was made and that Rick Santorum actually won Iowa.
Well, it turns out that Ron Paul actually won 20 out of the 28 delegates in Iowa. That is because the process of actually selecting the delegates occurred long after the voting by the public was over.
So what happens if the Ron Paul campaign is able to produce similar results in state after state?
The Ron Paul campaign is very organized, very motivated and they understand the rules of the game. As a recent Politico article detailed, there are huge amounts of unbound delegates out there that are still up for grabs….
There are roughly 30 states and territories where delegates aren’t bound to a particular candidate. The majority of the other states, according to a number of party officials, call for delegates to be bound for a first round of balloting but not the ensuing rounds.
“The dirty little secret is: At the end of the day, these guys and gals can vote any way they want,” said a Republican who has attended national conventions for decades. “Each state has different (laws) on pledged delegates.”
In many states, the “official” results of voting done by the public mean next to nothing. The talking heads on television often tell us how many delegates are “projected” to go to a particular candidate, but as we have seen in Iowa and in so many other states, those “projections” are basically meaningless.
A recent Salon article discussed how the delegate selection process really works and how the Ron Paul campaign is using these rules to shake up the game….
In many caucus states, the “official” results that most people saw this winter were from nonbinding straw polls conducted in conjunction with precinct-level caucuses. But when it comes to choosing national convention delegates, the real action is at district caucuses and state conventions. In the past, this distinction hasn’t mattered much, but for the Paul forces – who lack the numbers to win statewide primaries but have the devotion to pack any room, anywhere, at any time – it has offered an inviting loophole. When turnout is small and no one is looking, the Paul folks can win, and that’s what’s been happening in a number of states.
To Paul die-hards, this will all culminate in a surprise for the ages in Tampa, with the political world suddenly realizing that Romney actually doesn’t have the 1,144 delegates needed to win the nomination, thereby allowing Paul to extract major concessions or even steal the nomination for himself.
So could Ron Paul really deny Mitt Romney the Republican nomination?
At this point, nobody really seems to know what the real delegate count is.
Websites such as
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” RNC Preempts Ron Paul Win in Nevada, Threatens to Shut Delegates Down (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Destroyed Mitt Romney In Massachusetts This Weekend (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Stacks Up Delegates in Campaign Surge (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination (pumabydesign001.com)
- Can Ron Paul delegates cause mischief at the RNC national convention? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul supporters capture majority of Nevada’s national delegates (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Wins Louisiana and Massachusetts Caucuses (lewrockwell.com)
- Re-Education Camp Manual Includes Rules On Isolating Political Prisoners & Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention (tatoott1009.com)
- Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination (sgtreport.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Successes of Ron Paul’s Campaign (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Campaign Announces New Ad Buys, Attacks Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Is Rand Paul Secretly Running For President? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” How Ron Paul’s McGovernite strategy can win on Super Tuesday … and beyond (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Ron Paul 2012 Ad Slams Santorum As “Fake” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention, and – Believe It Or Not – It’s Still Possible for Paul to Score an Upset Win Over Mitt Romney (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention, and – Believe It Or Not – It’s Still Possible for Paul to Score an Upset Win Over Mitt Romney (washingtonsblog.com)
- Is Ron Paul Relevant? (newsy.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention, and – Believe It Or Not – It’s Still Possible for Paul to Win (12160.info)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Ron Paul Ad Slams ‘Etch-a’Sketch’ Idiocy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Ron Paul’s Far-reaching Delegate Strategy is Starting to Pay Off (socyberty.com)
- CNN: Why Ron Paul is not going away (runronpaul.com)
- Cry me a River (thechristianconstitutionalist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Louisiana Also Looking Good for Ron Paul (reason.com)
- RON PAUL WINS 74% of Louisiana Caucuses ! (teapartywpbfl.wordpress.com)
- Restore The Constitution: Why It is a Good Time to be a Paulbot in 2012? (socyberty.com)
- 7 Secrets Destroying The Candidacy of Mitt Romney (That the RNC does not want you to know!) (federaljack.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention (musicians4freedom.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention, and – Believe It Or Not – It’s Still Possible for Paul to Win (alexanderhiggins.com)
- Sore Losers? (thechristianconstitutionalist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Wins Iowa & Minnesota – You Won’t Hear It From the Msm (theburningplatform.com)
- Ron Paul beat Romney in Massachusetts for delegates! (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Campaign Nets Almost $10.4 million in Q1 (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Ron Paul Is Going to the Republican National Convention INFOWARS.COM (unicornivore.wordpress.com)
- (“…Dr. Ron Paul could wind up being elected president…”) James Jaeger Believes Ron Paul is the Ultimate Spoiler–18.Apr.2012 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Betty Freauf — Ron Paul Was There All the Time (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunnyg: the People (and Writers) Seem to Be Becoming More Edgy and Outspoken… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Communism Comes To America Earlier Than We Think | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“…Washington’s empire extracts resources from the American people for the benefit of the few powerful interest groups that rule America…The military-security complex, Wall Street, agri-business and the Israel Lobby…”) Prison Planet.com ” Empires Th (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Calls for Universal Right to Bear Arms at NRA Forum-UN Treaty, Is Fox News Reporting This? ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead-End Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Citizen Blogger, Gunny G: Request Assistance of Real Americans To Become Citizen Bloggers USA! It’s lonesome out here!. (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Armed Feds Question Blogger… (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (johnmalcolm.me)
- Who Will Stop the Power-Mad Man in the White House? (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Be Left Alone… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ROME IS BURNING, NERO IS FIDDLING By Lynn Stuter (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Your Papers, Please! (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- The Shifting Ethics of Law Enforcement (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- (Col Sellin) Censorship and Disinformation in America – English pravda.ru (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obama Chides ‘Birthers’ While Media Spikes Ayers Bombshell (theobamahustle.wordpress.com)
- Newt: Obama’s goal is $8 or $9 gas (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A WORLD GONE MAD By Paul Proctor (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- MORE POSTS/ARTICLES on Gunny G’s .. (1 reply) (network54.com)
- The Daily Bell – Nelson Hultberg on the Debut of SPOiLER, His New Political Party and How Ron Paul Could Win the Presidency (gunnyg.wordpress.com)