(Rush L) Military Mom on School T-Shirt Ban [son wore a USMC t-shirt to school]
RUSH: Here’s Sandra in Ellisville, Mississippi. Hey, Sandra, great to have you on the EIB Network. Hi.
CALLER: Mega dittos, Rush. Much to my shock this morning at 11:15, I’m just gonna make this short and sweet, I get a call from my sixth grader in elementary school saying that I had to bring him another shirt or go home. And I didn’t understand what the problem was. He was wearing his brother, who’s in the Marine Corps fighting in Afghanistan, a United States Marine Corps shirt that had the logo of the bulldog that said “If you’re not the lead dog,” on the front. On the back it says, “the view never changes,” and it’s the rest of the bulldog, and he was flagged to the office by the principal for being inappropriate and offensive.
RUSH: Wait just a second now. What kind of shirt?
CALLER: It’s a United States Marine Corps –
RUSH: No, was it T-shirt, a button-down shirt?
CALLER: No, it’s a T-shirt that my son got in boot camp.
RUSH: Okay, does the school not permit shirts?
CALLER: Oh, no, they allow T-shirts.
RUSH: They do allow T-shirts.
- Marine Corps bans audible farting in Afghanistan (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- USMC Places Order for AeroVironment RQ-11B Raven SUAS (spacewar.com)
- General Says USMC ‘Not Training Women To Be Infantry Officers’ (thinkprogress.org)
- ABOUT THE WIND AND THE LION ~ By R.W. Gaines GnySgt USMC (Ret.) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G’s Notes On USMC Politics, History, Inter-Service Relations, etc. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Chesty Puller On Loyalty Down… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Former Assistant Commandant of the United States Marine Corps Joins the Board of Modumetal (prweb.com)
- U.S. Marine and Borger, Texas Native Promoted to NCO Rank (dvidshub.net)
- Grooming Rules: American Apparel or Marine Corps? (bellasugar.com)
- Curious photo: This is not a Hollywood film set but the U.S. Marine Corps F-18 Hornet simulator (theaviationist.com)