Could the mob have been wrong on Trayvon Martin?
The extent of Florida prosecutor Angela Corey’s gross indifference to the facts in the Trayvon Martin case is exceeded only by that of many in the press who agitated for George Zimmerman’s prosecution for murder. Alan Dershowitz explains the latest evidence, which causes him to conclude that Corey acted improperly:
A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.
There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.
She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense.
Dershowitz concludes that under the “beyond the reasonable doubt” standard Corey doesn’t have the grounds for a conviction.
The evidence now seems entirely inconsistent with a murder charge. “Now there is much more extensive medical evidence that would tend to support Zimmerman’s version of events. This version, if true, would establish self-defense even if Zimmerman had improperly followed, harassed and provoked Martin….
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com …
- Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated (References Mobile, AL racial beat-down) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Drop George Zimmerman’s Murder Charge (Alan Dershowitz) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Megyn Kelly Guest Alan Dershowitz Slams Zimmerman Prosecutor: Her Affidavit ‘Is A Crime’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Latest evidence in Trayvon Martin case: Does it help George Zimmerman? (csmonitor.com)
- Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- New Evidence: Trayvon Martin Had Drugs in His System – TIME (newsfeed.time.com)
- Trayvon Martin Case: Victim Had Marijuana in System when George Zimmerman Killed Him [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- Pictures – The public reacts to the Trayvon Martin case (boston.com)
- Trayvon Martin Confrontation Was ‘Ultimately Avoidable,’ But Does That Matter? (nymag.com)
- Trayvon Martin autopsy reveals traces of marijuana (thegrio.com)