Witness Told Cops He Saw Trayvon Martin Straddling George Zimmerman And Punching Him “MMA Style”
A witness told Florida cops that he saw Trayvon Martin straddling George Zimmerman and pummeling the neighborhood watch captain “MMA style” shortly before the unarmed teen was felled by a gunshot to the chest.
The witness’s account was included in Sanford Police Department reports released today.
Interviewed by cops about 90 minutes after the shooting, the witness–whose name was redacted from police documents–said that he was inside his home when he heard a “commotion coming from the walk way” behind his residence.
The man recalled seeing “a black male, wearing a dark colored ‘hoodie’ on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help.” The black male, he added, “was mounted on the white or Hispanic male and throwing punches ‘MMA (mixed martial arts) style.’”
The witness–who was in his living room and about 30 feet away from the confrontation– said he called out to the two men that he was dialing 911. “He then heard a ‘pop,’” police reported, and saw the black male “laid out on the grass.”
(Excerpt) Read more at thesmokinggun.com …
- Zimmerman case falling apart fast. (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Witnesses shed light into Trayvon Martin death (clickorlando.com)
- ABC News reports autopsy found Trayvon Martin had the drug THC in his system – @ABC (abcnews.go.com)
- Cops, Witnesses Back Up Zimmerman’s Version (abcnews.go.com)
- Witnesses, police may support George Zimmerman claims in Travon Martin killing (examiner.com)
- Evidence in Trayvon Martin tells story of struggle before fatal shot (cbsnews.com)
- THC found in Martin’s blood (politico.com)
- New Evidence in Zimmerman Case Undermines Prosecution’s Case on Second Degree Murder Charge (jonathanturley.org)
- Read some Zimmerman evidence (halfsigma.com)
- New Documents Detail Witness Accounts, Police Reports of Trayvon Martin Shooting – KMAS (masoncountydailynews.com)