Prison Planet.com » Congressman Mica Calls For “Most” Airports To Ditch TSA
Congressman John Mica has called for “most” of the nation’s busiest airports to evict TSA screeners and replace them with private security, as Orlando International Airport considers doing precisely that in the aftermath of a deluge of scandals to plague the federal agency.
Congressman Mica Calls For Most Airports To Ditch TSA
Despite helping create the TSA a decade ago, Mica, head of the House transportation committee, has become one of the agency’s most prominent critics, being instrumental in the passage of a recent bill which allows airports to opt out of using TSA screeners in favor of their own privately hired personnel.
Mica’s goal is set about, “eliminating the roughly 52,000 TSA screeners nationwide,” according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“Hopefully we can get most of the airports into that model,” said Mica.
Although progress has been slow, Orlando International Airport, the 13th busiest in the United States, could be the first large domino to fall, setting off a chain reaction that could cause a wave of opt-outs.
“Officials at Orlando International Airport, the region’s largest, said the facility is considering………..
- Prison Planet.com ” TSA Releases Video Of Pat Down Confrontation With Congressman (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Florida airport pushing to opt out of TSA (cnn.com)
- (“Although reports today suggest that the TSA is looking to move away from physical pat downs, owing to public backlash, TSA head John Pistole admitted recently that screeners are being trained to pay specific attention to the crotches of travelers…”) Pri (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Orlando Sanford International Airport Wants to EVICT TSA Screeners (blippitt.com)
- Orlando Sanford International Airport Pushing to “Opt Out” of TSA (notesandobservations.me)
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Receives AAA Four Diamond Award (prweb.com)
- Plane flying into Orlando International Airport hits bird (clickorlando.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Congressman Says He Was Targeted For Grope Down By TSA (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Congress Holds Hearing on Corruption and Abuse Within TSA, US Border Security (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Sanford, Fla. airport wants to opt out of TSA – Florida Wires – MiamiHerald.com (genomega1.wordpress.com)