Will Trump attaboy turn into cash for Arpaio probe?
In addition to going to Hawaii to gain access to documents to assist in his investigation of Barack Obama’s constitutional eligibility to serve as president, perhaps Arizona’s Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio should send his Cold Case Posse to New York City to solicit a donation from Donald Trump.
That was the suggestion of Steve Malzberg, guest host on yesterday’s Morning Show program at KTSA Radio, San Antonio.
Arpaio was being interviewed on the Trey Ware Morning Show about the progress in his investigation. Noting that his investigative team, made up of volunteer attorneys and ex-law enforcement personnel, were making headway, he took a swipe at critics who accused him of using taxpayer money by sending a deputy to Hawaii to provide security for the Posse members.
“I’m taking all the heat for using taxpayers’ money. I can’t believe this,” Arpaio said. “The Posse’s donations pay [for the trip to Hawaii]. … The Posse’s paying for the deputy, too.”
Sign the petition now to show members of Congress how many Americans demand constitutional integrity.
He continued: “So why is this most critical critical of investigations … why is everybody shifting to me as to why I sent a deputy down there and cost the taxpayers’ money when we are investigating two fraudulent documents, the Selective Service card that the president filled out and also the birth certificate. And everybody’s complaining. These are felonies. These are serious crimes.”
When guest host Malzberg shifted his questioning to Donald Trump’s earlier interest in Obama’s eligibility, Arpaio revealed Trump had recently been in contact with him regarding the current investigation.
“He sent me a little note after he saw we were onto something, congratulating me for taking this on last month,” said Arpaio. “So, he’s been quiet in all this, all at once with all the publicity directed toward me, now he sent a note saying, ‘Thanks.’ Now that’s good. … He knew we were doing it for quite a while, but the note came recently. I guess he figures I’m on to something.”
“Would you think of asking him for financial support if you needed that to continue the investigation?” asked Malzberg.
“You know, that’s a good point,” said Arpaio. “You know, maybe somebody should ask him. Maybe he should volunteer.”
- Joe Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse in Hawaii (“If I Have to Send Ten Deputies…To HI, I’ll Do It”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sharpton’s anti-Arpaio segment shows White House ‘scared’ (“”The legitimacy of Obama’s presidency is about to come unglued.”") (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Joe Arpaio Makes New Recruit In Birther Probe (huffingtonpost.com)
- Arpaio’s posse in Hawaii to probe Obama’s birth (wave3.com)
- Feds stonewall on Obama draft registration record (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sheriff Arpaio Sends Publicly Funded Deputy To Hawaii On ‘Birther’ Hunt (wnyc.org)
- Obama camp to Arpaio: Here’s birth certificate (mug)! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Arpaio: Congressional probe good next step (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Arpaio’s Obama Birther Investigation Now Includes Taxpayer Funded Detective – Fox News (latino.foxnews.com)
- Arpaio: GOP candidates ‘hiding’ from eligibility (gunnyg.wordpress.com)