House to examine plan for United Nations to regulate the Internet (How Dumb Can They Be?)
House lawmakers will consider an international proposal next week to give the United Nations more control over the Internet.
The proposal is backed by China, Russia, Brazil, India and other UN members, and would give the UN’s International Telecommunication Union (ITU) more control over the governance of the Internet.
It’s an unpopular idea with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle in Congress, and officials with the Obama administration have also criticized it.
“We’re quite concerned,” Larry Strickling, the head of the Commerce Department’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration, said in an interview with The Hill earlier this year.
(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com …
- Internet Censorship & Lockdown – Re: Plan for United Nations to regulate the Internet (disclose.tv)
- United Nations Specialised Agency – International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Appoints Impact As Its Cybersecurity Executing Arm (prweb.com)
- Agenda 21 population control map for USA (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- House to examine plan for United Nations to regulate the Internet – the ITU (independentsentinel.com)
- House to examine proposal for United Nations regulation of the Internet (michellemalkin.com)
- The United Nation’s Useless Genocide Trials (canadafreepress.com)
- Plan afoot for U.N. to rule Internet (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- OUR Government Is Almost Completely Overthrown… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Google’s Schmidt: Don’t Let the United Nations Rule the Internet (forbes.com)
- Globalists Seek a New Line of Attack in effort to Control the Internet through the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) (destructionist.wordpress.com)