BATF Seeks Ban on “Military” Shotguns: Over 5 Rounds
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is inviting public comments on its new rule regarding shotguns. It plans to ban them.
There will be a ban on imports. (Note: watch prices rise on those already in the USA.)
The basis of this ban will be the guns’ semi-automatic status. It the magazine has more than five rounds, the weapon will be banned.
Why? Because the BATF designates these as “military.”
Somehow, I cannot see Sergeant York with a 7-round shotgun taking on the Germans.
Gen. George Patton wore ivory-handled revolvers. I wonder if these are scheduled for a ban.
The guns must be used in sport, only.
Yet there are shooting competitions involving held by national shooting clubs.
Dudley Brown, Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, said if the ATF succeeds with the banning of tactical shotguns it “will be the most dangerous interpretation of the 1968 Gun Control Act ever envisioned and will outlaw thousands of perfectly legitimate home defense shotguns.”
If you want to comment on the proposed ban, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATF Now Trying to OUTLAW Certain Shotguns (survivalblogs.com)
- Obama Bypassing Congress to Ban Shotguns by Stealth (lonestarwatchdog.blogspot.com)
- There Are No Coincidences (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Eleven Wins for Gun Owners (givemeliberty01.wordpress.com)
- Meet Jo Ann Kocher – ATF Woman Warrior (womenwarriorsbook.wordpress.com)
- Holder Could Be Prosecuted if He Stonewalls Gun Probe Any Further (americanfreepress.net)
- The Tyranny of the State, Part 5 – The Constitution Is, Has, and Always Will Be Null and Void (arizonaatheist.blogspot.com)
- Looking for a Personal Defense Shotgun? (lewrockwell.com)
- Hunting and Fishing: New Gun Law; Check PA Doe License Applications on Line (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Criminals In Uniform (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)