The Tea Party **** You. Fire Them
(ref: How Banks Bought the Tea Party)
The 15 freshmen Republican representatives in the House Tea Party Caucus each ran in 2010 on a populist anti-Wall Street message, highlighting their opposition to bank bailouts like the 2008 Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and criticizing Washington for enabling the banking sector as it became “Too Big to Fail.” After winning, all fifteen received significant PAC contributions from the banking industry — and have become a reliable vote and mouthpiece for the financial industry, a ThinkProgress analysis of campaign contributions, voting records and public statements reveals.
It would be nice if they just took money. They did worse.
11 of the 15 co-sponsored this piece of trash; is there any doubt they were bought and paid for?
‘(a) In General- In the examination of financial institutions–
‘(1) a commercial loan shall not be placed in non-accrual status solely because the collateral for such loan has deteriorated in value;
‘(2) a modified or restructured commercial loan shall be removed from non-accrual status if the borrower demonstrates the ability to perform on such loan over a maximum period of 6 months, except that with respect to loans on a quarterly, semiannual, or longer repayment schedule such period shall be a maximum of 3 consecutive repayment periods;
‘(3) a new appraisal on a performing commercial loan shall not be required unless an advance of new funds is involved;
Got it? The fact that the collateral, which was the predicate for the loan in the first place, no longer supports the loan as originally agreed, cannot be used as the reason to place the loan in “non-accrual” (that is, at risk of not performing) status.
But the predicate for the loan being made in the first place was the provision of the collateral; but for that collateral’s actual value the loan would have never been made in the first place!
This is what the so-called “Tea Party” that claimed to be against bank bailouts has supported — literally changing the qualifications on a loan after it is made so that in effect there is no collateral required at all!
This is an attempt to literally approve by legislation the effective counterfeiting of the nation’s currency and you are the victims as your purchasing power will be further destroyed by this bill should it become law.
11 of 15 “Tea Partiers” are co-sponsors.
Fire them all; they’re traitors and mendacious bags of pus.
- “No Bank Bailouts”: Tea Partiers Take Contributions From Bailed Out Banks After Opposing Bank Bailouts (mykeystrokes.com)
- How Banks Bought the Tea Party (educationclearinghouse.wordpress.com)
- Exclusive – The Vetting – Barack Obama, the First Tea Partier (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Deconstructing the Tea Party”) Election Fraud, Media Deception and the Crisis of Conservatism (Part II) | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- HOW BANKS BOUGHT THE TEA PARTY: Cash Transforms Populist Insurgents To Reliable Vote For Financial Industry (thinkprogress.org)
- Cenk Uygur Blasts Congressman Joe ‘Tea Party Whore’ Walsh And Friends (mediaite.com)
- Big banks find, or maybe buy, allies in House tea party freshmen (dailykos.com)
- Entwined, with Bankia (ftalphaville.ft.com)
- Tea Party Darling (musingsofanolderman.com)
- Joe Biden: Imagine what we could have done if not for the Tea Party (ConservativeActionAlerts.com)