Experts Weigh in After Four Witnesses in Trayvon Martin Case Change Story
Several key witnesses in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by Neighborhood Watch captain George Zimmerman have changed their original stories since first being interviewed by law enforcement, according to news reports about recently released evidence in the case.
Some analysts cited in the media speculated that three of those revised accounts might hurt the shooter’s claims of self-defense as the second-degree murder prosecution goes through the Florida court system.
Experts in the field, however, have noted that later recollections — which could be impacted by external factors such as publicity, for example — are thought to be less reliable than earlier memories. And the addition of post-event information into the memory reconstruction process, normally unbeknownst to the person, is one reason why psychologists believe that eyewitness testimony can often be unreliable………..
- Dershowitz Doubles Down on Trayvon Martin Case (canadafreepress.com)
- Trayvon Martin family takes message to Chicago (local10.com)
- Trayvon Martin Murder Case: The Latest Developments (theobamacrat.com)
- George Zimmerman Witnesses Change Stories In Trayvon Martin Case (thebuzzcincy.com)
- Trayvon Martin Case: Four Witnesses Change Their Stories (newsfeed.time.com)
- 4 witnesses change stories in Trayvon shooting (wnd.com)
- Multiple witnesses in Trayvon case changing story (ktrh.com)
- Multiple witnesses in Trayvon case changing story (mega949.com)
- Multiple witnesses in Trayvon case changing story (radio.woai.com)
- Multiple witnesses in Trayvon case changing story (640whlo.com)