Alongside Obama, George W. Bush Steals the WH Show
It’s Barack Obama’s house now, but his predecessor and political foil, George W. Bush, stole the show at the White House on Thursday with his wisecracks and grin.
“Thank you so much for inviting our rowdy friends to my hanging,” the former president said, referring to members of his family and former staff, invited back to the executive mansion for the unveiling of his and Laura Bush’s official portraits. “Behave yourselves,” he jokingly admonished his crowd.
Bush told the current president he was pleased to know “that when you are wandering these halls as you wrestle with tough decisions, you will now be able to gaze at this portrait and ask, ‘What would George do?’”
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com …
- Obama ‘looks forward’ to being with Bush (upi.com)
- Two Bushes, one Obama = three presidents at White House for Bush portrait ceremony (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)
- WATCH LIVE: President Obama welcomes former President George W. Bush (rawstory.com)
- Jay Carney swears White House meeting with Obama and Bush won’t be weird (theblaze.com)
- Obama’s Day, May 31: Bush Portrait Unveiling (theroot.com)
- George W. Bush to return to White House for hanging of official portrait (abcnews.go.com)
- George W. Bush Returning To White House To Be Honored By Obama With Official Portrait (huffingtonpost.com)
- Presidents at the White House today (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- George W. Bush looking better in hindsight? (politico.com)
- Bush is back: Portrait event stirs up odd politics (troyrecord.com)