Don’t Forget to Sign Up for the “Do Not Kill” List
A number of sources (including the Wall Street Journal) report that someone has used the White House’s “We the People” website to start a petition asking it to create a “Do Not Kill” list similar to the “Do Not Call” list that has been reasonably successful against telemarketers.
This follows the New York Times report that every week or so, a bunch of National Security People get together to flip through some PowerPoint slides and “recommend to the president who should be the next to die.” The president, who you may recall won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, then personally approves names on the “kill list” for execution targeted killing by drone.
(Excerpt) Read more at loweringthebar.net …
- The NYT’s Love Letter to Death Squads (counterpunch.org)
- After news of an Obama “Kill List,” a petition for a “Do Not Kill” list (boingboing.net)
- Under Obama, Men Killed by Drones Are Presumed to Be Terrorists (theatlantic.com)
- Ask Obama to Create a “Do-Not-Kill” List – And to Put You on It (my.firedoglake.com)
- Don’t Forget to Sign Up for the “Do Not Kill” List (loweringthebar.net)
- Growing Petition Urges Obama to Generate ‘Do Not Kill’ List (commondreams.org)
- White House Defends ‘Kill List’ in Name of Safety (foxnews.com)
- Top Obama Officials, Secretive Process Create ‘Assassination List’ (commondreams.org)
- Obama the Final Word on Terrorist ‘Kill List’ (newsy.com)
- Is the US President a Bloody Dictator? (lewrockwell.com)