Death Threats to Author Questioning Origins of Islam
A best-selling author questioning the origins of Islam in a new book has received death threats on the Twitter social networking website.
Robert Spencer, director of the website “Jihad Watch,” questioned the source of Islam in a new book, “Did Muhammad Exist? An Inquiry into the Obscure Origins of Islam,” published by ISI Books. Spencer is also the author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades), The Truth about Muhammad (both New York Times best-sellers) and is a columnist for FrontPage Magazine.
But upon publication of his latest book, which theorized that the founder and prophet of Islam, Muhammad, did not really exist, Spencer was threatened with a violent death.
The threat of beheadings and stabbings was sent on May 30 to the author via Twitter by an Australian Muslim whose ID was ‘abdulhakim’.
The potential attacker, whose Twitter handle is @83_amira sent a tweet that stated: “1,200 of your books were burnt in Australia yesterday by me Cause you a liar, lucky you are miles &miles away.” A second threat sent was “slandering the prophet is not freedom of speech you dog, scumbag. I would not slash u, but cut you head off and hang it on the White House.”
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com …
- Did the Prophet Muhammad Really Exist? This Is Robert Spencer’s Shocking Answer (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Is It Still Possible to Question Islam? (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Robert Spencer (pjmedia.com)
- Did Muhammad Exist? (dacke2012.wordpress.com)
- Did the Prophet Muhammad Really Exist? This Is Robert Spencer’s Shocking Answer (iranaware.com)
- Was Islam’s founder Muhammad a real man or an invention? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Islamic Center of America, Dearborn: Pro-Honor KIlling Imam Incites Against Pamela Geller at Friday Prayer (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Atlas Exclusive: Robert Spencer: Can we even ask if Muhammad never existed? (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Books’ most hateful bestseller (salon.com)
- Robert Spencer: Why Can’t Non-Muslims Criticize Islam? (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)