New Book: Axelrod, Holder Close to Blows in West Wing
Two of President Barack Obama’s closest allies, former senior advisor David Axelrod and Attorney General Eric Holder came close to blows immediately after a Cabinet meeting, according to a new book to be released next week.
Only the intervention of senior adviser Valerie Jarrett prevented the two men from throwing punches, Daniel Klaidman claims in the book, “Kill or Capture.”
Politico’s Mike Allen got an advance look at the book, which is due to hit stores on Tuesday, and revealed the altercation in the West Wing which started when Holder accused Axelrod of trying to place a political operative in his Department of Justice.
“After the [Cabinet meeting] ended, Axelrod made a beeline for the attorney general,” Klaidman wrote in the book subtitled “The War on Terror and the Soul of the Obama President.”
“Obama’s senior adviser was incensed. It had gotten back to him that Holder and his aides were spreading the word that he was trying to improperly influence the Justice Department. Axelrod, who knew all too well that even the hint of White House meddling with Justice Department investigations could detonate a full-blown scandal, had been careful not to come close to that line,” Klaidman continues.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com …
- Disaster In Boston (minx.cc)
- Romney supporters shout down David ‘Truth Hurts’ Axelrod (wnd.com)
- David Axelrod Blasts Pro-Romney Hecklers: ‘You Can’t Handle The Truth!’ (mediaite.com)
- Hashtag hijacking, live action edition: Romney supporters own Axelrod presser (twitchy.com)
- 7 Secrets of Obama’s Drone War (thedailybeast.com)
- More Campaign Notes (johnwsmart.net)
- Axelrod to pro-Romney hecklers: ‘You can’t handle the truth!’ (rawstory.com)
- Romney aides disrupt Obama campaign press conference on Mitt Romney’s gubernatorial record (dailykos.com)
- MICHAEL WALSH: “Solyndra! Solyndra!” “Axelrod is a charter member of Obama’s Chicago mafia, the… (pjmedia.com)
- Playbook: ‘Putting jobs first’ (politico.com)