Ron Paul supporters arrested as La GOP Shreveport convention splits in two
Chaos erupted in Shreveport today as police officers arrested state GOP delegates who support Ron Paul for the party’s 2012 presidential nomination.
The dispute arose after the state party’s central committee issued “supplemental rules” earlier this week concerning the delegate selection process. A press release from the Ron Paul campaign this afternoon referred to the 11th hour changes as “illegal rules.”
After fights in the Rules Committee Friday, state party chairman opened the convention moving to pass the new rules, when the majority of delegates moved to elect a new convention chair. When Villere refused to yield the dais, the majority elected a new chair and turned their chairs. As this was happening, the Villere faction convinced the Shreveport Police Department to arrest some of the Paul delegates holding microphones for “trespassing.”
During the forcible arrests, Shreveport police dislocated the hip of the gentlemen in the video here, identified by the Paul campaign as State Central Commiteeman Henry Herford Jr. of Franklin Parish.
(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com …
- It’s time to resign Mr. Chairman (shawnwilson.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul campaign statement on Louisiana GOP convention (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Injured fighting for Liberty (shawnwilson.wordpress.com)
- Dethroning the Old Guard (shawnwilson.wordpress.com)
- Police Assault Ron Paul Delegate at LA GOP Convention (ronpaulnews.net)
- Ron Paul campaign statement on Louisiana GOP convention (weeklyintercept.blogspot.com)
- Police Assault Ron Paul Delegate at LAGOP Convention (tatoott1009.com)
- War Breaks out in GOP: Broken bones (dougwead.wordpress.com)
- Police Assault Ron Paul Delegate at LAGOP Convention (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul Campaign Claims Supporters Assaulted At Louisiana GOP Convention (huffingtonpost.com)