‘End of the world as we know it’: Kaspersky warns of cyber-terror apocalypse
After his eponymously-named lab discovered Flame, “the most sophisticated cyber weapon yet unleashed,” Eugene Kaspersky believes that the evolving threat of “cyber terrorism” could spell the end of life on Earth as we know it.
Doomsday scenarios are a common occurrence in 2012, but coming from a steely-eyed realist like Eugene Kaspersky, his calls for a global effort to halt emerging cyber threats should raise alarm bells.
A global Internet blackout and crippling attacks against key infrastructure are among two possible cyber-pandemics he outlined.
“It’s not cyber war, it’s cyber terrorism, and I’m afraid the game is just beginning. Very soon, many countries around the world will know it beyond a shadow of a doubt,” Kaspersky told reporters at a Tel Aviv University cyber security conference.
“I’m afraid it will be the end of the world as we know it,” he warned. “I’m scared, believe me.”
(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com …
- ‘End of the world as we know it’: Kaspersky warns of cyber-terror apocalypse (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Ancient Mysteries – Did Technology destroy our past and is it about to repeat? (disclose.tv)
- ‘End of the world as we know it’: Kaspersky warns of cyber-terror apocalypse (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- ‘End of the world as we know it’: Kaspersky warns of cyber-terror apocalypse (pakalertpress.com)
- ‘End of the world as we know it’: Kaspersky warns of cyber-terror apocalypse (rt.com)
- Latest viruses could mean ‘end of world as we know it,’ says man who discovered Flame (timesofisrael.com)
- Kaspersky: Flame and Similar Malware Pose Worldwide Risk (eweek.com)
- Careful with that axe, Eugene (dickdestiny.com)
- Malware expert warns: ‘I’m scared, believe me’ (wnd.com)
- Nations must talk to halt ‘cyber terrorism’: Kaspersky (nadernazemi.com)