Rand Paul: Endorsing Romney was ‘compromising on strategy, not on principle’
Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul wants people to know that his endorsement of Mitt Romney for the GOP presidential nomination does not signify an abandonment of his libertarian political beliefs.
When Paul endorsed Romney on Fox News last week, many supporters of Texas Rep. Ron Paul’s presidential bid took great offense. But Rand Paul said in an interview with Daily Paul Radio that he was “compromising on strategy, not on principle.”
“People need to look beyond politics to look at what’s most important,” said Paul. “I sort of take it as an insult that people think that somehow I don’t support my father or haven’t done an adequate job in the sense that I have traveled thousands of miles and been to thousands of speeches both with him and by myself. And so I think there’s probably nobody in the liberty movement that has done more to support my dad than myself.”
Rand Paul cited a few reasons for his endorsement, including Romney’s promise to give all 50 states waivers from President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, and his support for auditing the Federal Reserve.
- Prison Planet.com ” The Rise and Fall of Rand Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Supporters Are Really Pissed That Rand Paul Endorsed Mitt Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” “I’m Supporting The Party That I Belong To”: Rand Paul Speaks About Romney Endorsement (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Ron & Rand Paul Betrayal – henrymakow.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Is Rand Paul Taunting ‘Internet Libertarians’? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Lew Rockwell: Ron Paul and Rand Paul are different (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Dad still “first choice”, but Rand Paul backs Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul Answers; The Daily Paul Interview (dailypaulradio.com)
- A Surrender to Disgust: Linguistic Analysis of Rand Paul’s Endorsement of Romney Contradicts His Words (ronpaul.com)
- (“Is Rand Paul plotting to insert himself as a double agent? “) Prison Planet.com ” Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul’s endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)