Obama’s Lawless Presidency Close To Totalitarianism
The Obama Record: The chief executive who swore to faithfully execute the nation’s laws picks those he’ll ignore and makes up others through regulation and executive order. He sees no need for a Congress or Constitution.
Maybe it’s because Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts stumbled a bit in leading President Obama through the oath of office that the president doesn’t feel bound by it.
But through the awkwardness these words were heard: “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
It would not take Obama long to make clear he meant his interpretation of the Constitution, not the Supreme Court’s, a principle established in Marbury v. Madison, the 1802 case that formed the basis for the exercise of judicial review in the U.S. under Article III of the Constitution.
In his State of the Union address a year later on Jan. 27, 2010, he shamefully scolded the justices on national television for “having reversed a century of law” in the Citizens United ruling in which the court was protecting the freedom of political speech enshrined more than two centuries ago in the First Amendment. We agree with Justice Samuel Alito’s eloquent rebuff of the president, in which he was seen mouthing the words “Not true.”
(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com …
- Agenda 21 is Cleverly Packaged Marxism | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Government as God is Liberalism’s Idea – Stolen From Ancient Pagan World (canadafreepress.com)
- Global Warming Psychological Babble (canadafreepress.com)
- Yogic Farming for all and No Meat (canadafreepress.com)
- U.N. puts Canada on human rights watchlist over Quebec demo law (canadafreepress.com)
- US Air Force creates two squadrons to support Obama’s re-election campaign tour (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s latest Executive Order sets a new low, even for him (canadafreepress.com)
- How To Minimize the Um’s and Uh’s (lewrockwell.com)
- Florence On the Central Oregon Coast (canadafreepress.com)
- Eating the State (canadafreepress.com)