It’s Beer Thirty FReepers! Time For The Homebrewing/Wine Making Thread #4 June 22, 2012
Good afternoon/evening FReepers. Yep, it is Beer Thirty Time Once Again!
Happiness is a bubbling airlock!
Good evening/afternoon. I brewed up a Liberty Cream Ale this afternoon, a kit from Midwest Supply. I did a Late Extract addition at 30 min. for this brew. It was a busy afternoon. I made a yeast starter using Safale 05 dry yeast yesterday afternoon. And pitched it in an 80° F wort.
The OG was at 1.052 out of the primary fermenter before the yeast starter was pitched. This beer has a beautiful color and should be a tasty brew in about 6 weeks. Ice it down, get it cold, just in time for the Dog Days of August. Now I will wait for the ferment to start.
The Porter I bottled three weeks ago is taking its time carbonating. It is not right yet and is still a little sweeter than I want a beer to be. I bottled up my Honey Ale on Wed. It smelled, looked and tasted like it will be a great beer for a July 4th BBQ. I also racked my Copper Ale to a secondary on Wed.
I hope all of you and your Brews and Wines are doing well. Stop by and share what you are brewing or let us know what your favorite brew, wine or spirit is.
- Beerds (aleheads.com)
- An afternoon in t-town (pnwbeerchick.com)
- Hell Bay Brewing Co.’s latest seasonal – Dark Cream Ale – now available (atlanticcanadabeerblog.wordpress.com)
- Don’t expect to see any quirky names on Perrin beers, packaged in old school cans (mlive.com)
- Beer brewed from a beard: Is this a real thing? (seattlepi.com)
- Beer makers helping their neighbors in two Portland brewery clusters (bangordailynews.com)
- Garrison to release 15th Anniversary Hops, Mango & Ginger specialty beer this Saturday (atlanticcanadabeerblog.wordpress.com)
- Would you drink this beer? (enterprisenews.com)
- Homebrewing Protips: Shortcuts to Make Brewing Easier (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- USDA Passes Rule that will Help Organic Hops Farmers, Brewers (sprbrewcrew.wordpress.com)