The South is Right!
…..Let’s start with the beginning. The South, Dixie, is also known as the Bible Belt. 150 years ago, in the Preamble to the Confederate Constitution, the southern founding fathers called on God for His protection and His guidance.
God was invited to the “governing table.” This was not something new in America, but it was one of the things the North was changing and the South wanted to keep. If you read Forged in Faith or The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States you will discover that Christ had been with America since before its conception. Christ and the church were with each of the colonies as they were discovered and settled. Christianity was at the heart of the laws, at the core of the spirit of the people who made the venture from Europe to America.
Christ was about liberty, the rule of law, consent of the governed and majority rule. Sovereignty came from God. God is sovereign. From Him all authority flows.
Many of today’s writers on this subject credit the Pilgrims and Massachusetts with using the Bible, and Higher Law to write the Mayflower Compact and plant the seeds for American democracy. The separate religious faiths of Christianity and the pulpit was critical to the foundation of Ameirca. The first cohesiveness of America, the first spirit of unity amongst the colonies came from a mutual belief in a Christian God. All believed that God had brought us to America, and that God was in charge.
The North is portrayed as the original Bible Belt. Yet something happened. The North has moved away from God. The South today, has not. Barack Obama, as President, has declared we are not a Christian nation. That may work in New York, or with the main stream media, but it don’t set well if you live south of the Mason Dixon Line, or in the Heartland. America is Christian today.
We do believe in the Bible. We do believe in Christ. Our morality, our sense of right and wrong, come from the Higher law. Everything that America can be stems from this starting point. Everything that man can be emanates from the understanding that God exists, that the Bible is His word.
This is not past. This is today. This is the South. Go in its towns. Go to its churches. Talk to people. Listen. The South is not conservative because it has less colleges or universities. The South is not conservative through some genetic fault. The South is conservative because the root of conservatism is a Christian God. It is a belief in something other than government. It is a belief in the partnership between God and man. The South is Right!
Since Eden man has…………
via The South is Right!.
- The Air Force, and the Increasing Misuse of the Term ‘Religious Freedom’ (patheos.com)
- Why Read The Bible? Bonus message: “It’s How We Abide In Christ” (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Christians Need to Learn How to Properly Defend What the Bible Says About Homosexuality (brucegerencser.net)
- The Truth About Religion in America: The Founders Loathed Superstition and We Were Never a Christian Nation (chasdarwin.com)
- The South is Right! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Ungodly Constitution: How the Founders Ensured America Would Not Be a Christian Nation (alternet.org)
- Metropolitan Jonah addresses ACNA (palamas.info)
- J.C. For President! (patheos.com)
- Safety in the Bible Belt: A Concern for Atheists (atheistrev.com)
- Mormon Romney woos US bible belt voters (bigpondnews.com)