EDITORIAL: Obama to shoot down armed pilots
The Obama administration’s hatred for the Second Amendment has reached new heights. After nearly a decade of safe operation, the White Houseis looking to reduce the number of pilots who provide an extra layer of security against airborne terror by packing a pistol in the cockpit.
This plan shouldn’t fly.
The federal flight-deck officer program was put in place as a direct response to the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, when terrorists barged into the cockpits and seized control of airliners. The initiative provides $25.5 million for weapons training for pilots, including for cargo carriers and private charters. President Obama’s budget would slash the amount in half.
Uncle Sam spends about $4,800 per pilot for the training administered by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), but aside from that, it doesn’t suffer from the usual bureaucratic bloat. Participants must pay their own travel, lodging and meal expenses. About 10,000 pilots have been certified, but the Obama administration’s goal is to see the number of armed aviators dwindle.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano defended her department’s 2013 proposed budget before the House Committee on Homeland Security in February. “The cuts are predicated on the fact that the program is not risk-based,” she claimed. That’s government-speak for wanting more money to grope people who aren’t terrorists instead of doing something that would stop actual terrorists.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com …
- House kills Obama proposal to slash spending on armed airline pilot program (hotair.com)
- (“Rep. Paul Broun, M.D. (R-GA) of the House Committee on Homeland Security, today sent a letter to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Administrator John Pistole demanding his immediate resignation.”) Congressman Demands TSA Chief’s Immediate Res (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Feds cut ties with Arizona agencies, won’t assist in many illegal immigrant calls (IMPEACH OBAMA!) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- NY Rep. Peter King Wants to Know How Member of Terrorist Group Attended White House Meetings (counterjihadreport.com)
- House wants airline pilots to pack guns (politico.com)
- Obama administration corrupting our election process (canadafreepress.com)
- Peter King (R-N.Y.) Questions Obama’s Meeting With Egyptian Terrorist at White House (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Rep. Peter King Wants To Know Why Obama Admin Allowed Terrorist/Follower Of “Blind Sheik” Entry Into US and the White House (pumabydesign001.com)
- Cut, Cap and Balance 2013 (humanevents.com)
- Judi McLeod: Is Obama making himself ‘legal’ in removing 800,000 illegal immigrants from deportation? (“Patriots on the hunt for Obama’s elusive birth certificate should be looking for his DNA, the only irrefutable proof of who and what Barry Soetoro, pos (gunnyg.wordpress.com)