I want my country back…
By Joan R. Neubauer Thursday, June 28, 2012
June 28: A day that will live in infamy.
Today the Supreme Court released its ruling on Obamacare, that hideous monstrosity that unleashed unlimited federal power upon the people it purports to serve. This law was never about delivering health care to Americans, but growing government power, and it has achieved its aim.
While the Supreme Court struck down the individual mandate as unconstitutional under the commerce clause, they maintain that it can stand as a tax. This tax, that the administration promised wasn’t a tax, will fund delivery of a service that we have no freedom to choose or to opt out of. This tax revokes any freedom of choice, something which the left constantly touts as a fundamental right.
This tax, makes us slaves of the state because now the government can, in their great wisdom, require us to drive Chevy Volts, install solar panels on our homes, and grow algae in backyard ponds for energy—all free of course; they’ll just impose an additional tax.
On the upside, this profoundly changes the political landscape. If Barack Obama thought his was doing better in the polls, this will set him back on his heels. This unpopular law which he sees as his signature piece of legislation, will be his undoing. The high court’s ruling has just set the clock back to November 2010 when the Republicans reclaimed the House and gained seats in the Senate.
This ruling will galvanize the right like it did in 2010 and while many were tepid on Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate, this will motivate them to throw their full and enthusiastic support his way. He has promised to undo Obamacare and you can bet that if he is elected, the American people will hold him to it.
I want my country back. I want my freedom back. I want my right to choose back. And I am not alone. People I talk to here in my community of Alpine, Texas feel much the same way. They feel disenfranchised and powerless since this administration took office. One person I spoke with said, “If elections did any good, they’d be outlawed.” A doctor I spoke with said if Obamacare stands, he’ll consider closing his doors.
People across the country echo these sentiments, and I’d like to refer you to a video that speaks for so many…..
- Here’s What Happens AFTER The Supreme Court Rules On Obamacare (businessinsider.com)
- Here’s Where You Can Find The Supreme Court’s Historic Obamacare Opinion Tomorrow At 10 a.m. (businessinsider.com)
- How Sun-Times plans to report the Supreme Court ‘Obamacare’ ruling (jimromenesko.com)
- Supreme Court’s Ruling On Health Care Law Coming Tomorrow (whnt.com)
- The Pre-Obamacare Ruling Spin (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Vid: Wheat, Wheat, & Obamacare – How the Commerce Clause Made Congress All (txwclp.org)
- ObamaCare Watch: Will Today Be the Day? (txwclp.org)
- Vid: Wheat, Wheat, & Obamacare – How the Commerce Clause Made Congress All-Powerful (reason.com)
- Obamacarians’ Pregame Rationalizations: Doesn’t Matter; Good for O; All Scalia’s Fault, and More! (reason.com)
- Supreme Court decision on polarizing health care law looms (cnn.com)