Prison Planet.com » Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Obamacare
Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Obamacare preview obamacare ruling supreme court 620×413“The Supreme Court upheld the health care law today in a splintered, complex opinion that appears to give President Obama a major victory,” reports USAToday.
In order to avoid arguments that the law is a misinterpretation of the Commerce Clause, the Court ruled that the requirement is a tax.
Justice Anthony Kennedy, who held the court’s swing vote, dissented. Reading from the bench, Kennedy said he and three conservative justices believe “the entire Act before us is invalid in its entirety.”
Polls conducted prior to the landmark vote indicate most Americans do not favor the law.
Today’s ruling is important because it is the first time in history that the federal government has required citizens enter into contract with private corporations to buy a product or service. It also represents one of the most egregious violations of the Constitution in American history.
“The insurance mandate clearly exceeds the federal government’s powers under the interstate commerce clause found in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution,” writes Ron Paul. “This is patently obvious: the power to ‘regulate’ commerce cannot include the power to compel commerce! Those who claim otherwise simply ignore the plain meaning of the Constitution because they don’t want to limit federal power in any way.”
“The commerce clause was intended simply to……….
- Vid: Wheat, Wheat, & Obamacare – How the Commerce Clause Made Congress All-Powerful (reason.com)
- The Absurdity of ‘Judicial Review’ (lewrockwell.com)
- Vid: Wheat, Wheat, & Obamacare – How the Commerce Clause Made Congress All (txwclp.org)
- Supreme Court will Uphold Affordable HealthCare Act (wallstreetpit.com)
- Scalia Changes His Tune on Wickard and the Commerce Clause. Will It Matter for ObamaCare? (txwclp.org)
- Supreme Court’s Ruling On Health Care Law Coming Tomorrow (whnt.com)
- A History of Interstate Commerce Part 1: Neither Interstate Nor Commerce (openmarket.org)
- Priceless: WaPo blames constitutional law instructor Obama for possible ObamaCare Failure (riehlworldview.com)
- Are You Smarter Than a Legal Rockstar? Obamacare at the Supreme Court (theawl.com)
- New Scalia book: Landmark Supreme Court decision in 1942 expanded Commerce Clause “beyond all reason” (hotair.com)