(“Manufactured stunts to create pretext for war one of the oldest tricks in the book”) Prison Planet.com » Was Turkey Jet Shootdown a Staged Provocation?
Manufactured stunts to create pretext for war one of the oldest tricks in the book
Syria’s downing of a Turkish F-4 Phantom jet last week, an event that has threatened to escalate the threat of NATO military action against President Bashar Al-Assad’s regime, mirrors previous instances where false flag provocations have been used or considered as a tool with which to create a justification for war.
Was Turkey Jet Shootdown a Staged Provocation? turkey f4 phantom
Despite initially playing down the incident, Turkey today deployed anti-aircraft guns at the border with Syria in response to the shoot down and has promised to talk with NATO about potential repercussions.
Although Turkey claimed the jet was in international airspace, footage and eyewitness testimony clearly suggests that the Phantom was inside Syrian airspace and therefore a legitimate target.
Manipulating the narrative behind naval or airborne incidents in order to manufacture a pretext for conflict is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
The Bush administration once debated staging a false flag wherein fake Iranian patrol boats would be used to attack a US ship as a means of creating a pretext for war.
In January 2008, the US government announced that it had been “moments” away from opening fire on a group of Iranian patrol boats in the Strait of Hormuz after the boats allegedly broadcast a warning that they were about to attack a US vessel…………
- Turkish Phantom shot down by Syria saga continues as new details about the mysterious shooting emerge (theaviationist.com)
- Syria crisis: Fierce fighting erupts near Damascus – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- NATO Backs Turkey Against Syria (israelnationalnews.com)
- Syria and the Phantom (counterpunch.org)
- Prison Planet.com ” Gulf of Tonkin Redux? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Syrian brigadier general said to defect to Turkey (ctv.ca)
- Turkey invokes NATO pact after Syria downs plane (smh.com.au)
- Turkey says Syria downed its jet in international airspace (dailystar.com.lb)
- Turkey now says plane Syria shot down was in international airspace (mercurynews.com)
- Defense Update: Syrian Downing of Turkish Reconnaissance Aircraft – Questions Are Raised (themoderatevoice.com)