Prison Planet.com » Influential Groups Push For Declaration of Internet Freedom
The document has been endorsed by a number of notable groups including The ACLU, The Bill of Rights Defense Committee, Amnesty International, Hackers and Founders, Global Voices, Mozilla, the NY Tech Meetup, Personal Democracy, and Fight for the Future.
The Declaration outlines a simple five pronged manifesto for a free and open internet. They are:
Expression: Don’t censor the Internet.
Access: Promote universal access to fast and affordable networks.
Openness: Keep the Internet an open network where everyone is free to connect, communicate, write, read, watch, speak, listen, learn, create and innovate.
Innovation: Protect the freedom to innovate and create without permission. Don’t block new technologies, and don’t punish innovators for their users’ actions.
Privacy: Protect privacy and defend everyone’s ability to control how their data and devices are used.
“For too long in the US, Congress has attempted to…………
- Josh Levy: After SOPA: A Declaration of Internet Freedom (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Declaration of Internet Freedom’ Calls for Free and Open Internet (mashable.com)
- The Declaration of Internet Freedom (laughingsquid.com)
- Declaration of Internet Freedom (boingboing.net)
- Australia’s Internet freedom being eroded, Greens warn (delimiter.com.au)
- Time For Members of Congress to Pledge to Uphold Internet Freedom (eff.org)
- Declaration of Internet Freedom (continuations.com)
- Declaration of Internet Freedom (internetdeclaration.org)
- Declaration of Internet Freedom (Discuss Here) (thedailywh.at)
- Prison Planet.com ” Killer Drones Coming to A Sky Near You: Rosalind Peterson Reports (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Data Mining: Big Corporations Are Gathering Every Shred Of Information About You That They Can (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Find Out How Your Local Police Agency is Using Drones (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Drones Shot Down Over Texas (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” UK Home Secretary dismisses critics of internet surveillance bill as “conspiracy theorists” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Frontier of Censorship: Copyrighting People (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Frank Serpico: “The Human Race Has Been Sold Out” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Supreme Court Forces U.S. To Take A Giant Step Toward A Totalitarian Socialist Government (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“A coalition of advocacy groups has begun a week of intensive protests against the latest attack on the free and open internet”) Prison Planet.com ” CISPA: Draconian Bill Would Forces Companies to Spy for The FED (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Tech Giant Warns CISPA Is “Alarming” Threat to Privacy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Will you sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom? (news.cnet.com)