Prison Planet.com » Is Wal-Mart Destroying America? 20 Facts About Wal-Mart That Will Absolutely Shock You
America absolutely loves Wal-Mart. 100 million customers visit Wal-Mart every single week in this country. But is Wal-Mart good for America? That is a question that most people never stop and ask. Most of us love shopping in big, clean stores that are packed with super cheap merchandise, but the truth is that Wal-Mart is destroying America in a lot of ways. As you will see below, Wal-Mart has destroyed tens of thousands of small businesses and countless manufacturing jobs over the past couple of decades.
Wal-Mart has become a gigantic retail behemoth that sells five times more stuff than any other retailer in the United States. Unfortunately, about 85 percent of all the stuff sold at Wal-Mart is made overseas. What that is costing the U.S. economy in terms of lost jobs and lost revenue is incalculable. But Wal-Mart is a perfect example of where our economic system is headed. Our economy is becoming completely and totally dominated by highly centralized monolithic predator corporations that ruthlessly crush all competition and that will stoop to just about anything in order to cut costs.
In the future, will we all be working for gigantic communal entities that funnel all of the wealth and economic rewards to a very tiny elite? That sounds very much like how communist China works, and red-blooded Americans should want no part of that. America is supposed to be about free enterprise and competition and working together to build up this country, and Wal-Mart is destroying all of that.
The following are 20 facts about Wal-Mart that will absolutely shock you….
#1 The average U.S. family now spends more than $4000 a year at Wal-Mart.
#3 If Wal-Mart was a nation, it would have the 23rd largest GDP in the world.
#4 Wal-Mart now sells more groceries than anyone else in America does. In the United States today, one out of every four grocery dollars is spent at Wal-Mart.
#5 Amazingly, 100 million customers shop at Wal-Mart every single week.
#6 Wal-Mart has opened more than…………….
- Wal-Mart Has an Ally in the Wall Street Journal [Journalismism] (gawker.com)
- Wesfarmers: A High-Yield Alternative To Wal-Mart (seekingalpha.com)
- Tom Morello of ‘Rage’ leads LA Wal-Mart protest (kansascity.com)
- Is Wal-Mart Destroying America? 20 Facts About Wal-Mart That Will Absolutely Shock You (theeconomiccollapseblog.com)
- 10,000 Protest Wal-Mart in Los Angeles (news.firedoglake.com)
- Target’s hiring boom poised to roil Canada’s retail market (business.financialpost.com)
- Wal-Mart cuts ties with firm whose employee posed as reporter (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Tom Morello of ‘Rage’ Leads LA Wal-Mart Protest (abcnews.go.com)
- Thousands gather to rally against Wal-Mart in Los Angeles’ Chinatown – @LANow (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Thousands in Los Angeles Rally Against Wal-Mart Expansion (sott.net)