U.S. Army Military Police School Civil Disturbance Operations Course
The following self-learning course from the U.S. Army Military Police School at Fort McClellan describes procedures for military police involvement in civil disturbance operations. The course makes it clear that temporary detention facilities in the event of a civil disturbance overloading local resources would be operated under existing military doctrine for internment facilities.
The course cites U.S. Army FM 3-19.40 Internment/Resettlement Operations, which is now numbered FM 3-39.40 since its most recent revision in 2010, as the primary reference for the operation of these facilities.
This lesson is designed to describe the nature and causes of disaffection and social unrest; define the potential for social unrest in the United States; identify the types of confrontations; define crowd behavioral and psychological influences; identify patterns of disorder.
2. Application of Force.
(1) Civil disturbance operations by federal forces will not be authorized until the President is advised by the highest officials of the state that the situation cannot be controlled with nonfederal resources available. The mission of the control force is to help restore law and order and to help maintain it until such time as state and local forces can control the situation without federal help. In performing this mission, the control force may have to actively participate, not only in subduing the disturbance, but also in helping to detain those responsible for it. Control force commanders are authorized and directed to provide such active participation, subject to restraints on the use of force.
(Excerpt) Read more at publicintelligence.net …
- Army Manual Outlines Plan To Kill Rioters, Demonstrators In America (sgtreport.com)
- U.S. Army Admits Troops Conducting Law Enforcement Is Illegal (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” “Don’t Be Alarmed”: Army Trains MPs To Drive Tanks On U.S. Streets (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Army tanks on streets of St. Louis (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Here Are 25 Soldiers Who Became US Citizens On The Fourth (ibtimes.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Media Promotes Troops On Streets to “Cut Down on Crime” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- US Army Preparing for Martial Law Scenario in US? Civil Disturbance and Mock Riot Drills In Washington (12160.info)
- U.S. Army Admits Troops Conducting Law Enforcement Is Illegal (theaveragejoenewsblogg.com)
- US Army has a Field Manual on Civilian Internment (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)