American Media Obsessed With Racial Division, Even Canadians Can See It.
When Barack Obama was elected to office in 2008, there was talk of a post-racial America. It seemed as though racism was on an exit route out the back pipe of American society. As the years passed, it became more obvious that this was all just a fantasy.
Those who criticized the policies of President Obama were labeled racists within the first year of his presidency. Still, today, his opponents are often branded as bigots. Morgan Freeman, during an interview with Piers Morgan, called the Tea Party racist for making Obama’s defeat a part of its agenda. During the 2004 presidential campaign, the privately funded anti-Republican group MoveOn.org tried desperately to ensure that George W. Bush would face defeat against John Kerry, just as Michael Moore released Fahrenheit 911 – conveniently before the election campaign. Such practices are considered customary, unless of course there is a black president.
In recent months, the U.S. mainstream media has become obsessed with race and racial divisions. From Anderson Cooper‘s headlined study that paints white children as more prone to racist behaviour than black children, to the Trayvon Martin shooting, America’s racial divisions are being made deeper by the mainstream media.
On CNN and MSNBC, viewers are subjected to continuous coverage and analysis of a shooting in Florida. Their interviews lean heavily on implications that George Zimmerman is a racist and that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin before shooting him for no reason – other than for the colour of his skin. On Fox News, viewers are subjected to analysis and interviews that lean heavily on the implications that George Zimmerman was only defending himself against an aggressive Trayvon Martin, who just happened to be black. The divisions created by the mainstream media are clear and polarizing.
(Excerpt) Read more at poletical.com …
- So, Was Morgan Freeman ‘Wright’? (themoderatevoice.com)
- How Racist Are We? Ask Google (campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Leftist Race-Baiters (lewrockwell.com)
- Can Google Predict the Impact of Racism on a Presidential Election? (theatlantic.com)
- No More Racial Double Standards (lewrockwell.com)
- What the Media Choose Not to Know about Trayvon (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Blacks Still Waiting for a ‘Black President’ (newser.com)
- The Real Price of Obama’s Prevarications (americanthinker.com)
- Drudge won’t link to this (salon.com)
- Racial Code or Race Card – Reason #50 (ourfree50.com)