Dr. Jimmy T. LaBaume FlyoverPress.com
Liberty Knows No Compromise
Continuing the summary-paraphrasing of the book The Most Dangerous Superstition by Larken Rose. It is not intended to be a substitute but a supplement intended to whet the appetite for more. — jtl, 419
Another example: “We are the government. It works for us and represents us.” Schoolchildren are taught to repeat this bizarre and delusional absurdity even though everyone is fully aware that there is a ruling class (parasites) and a subject class (that produces all the wealth).
It requires profound denial to believe that the people are the government. The phrase is only a cult mantra-a delusion intentionally programmed into the people for the purpose of twisting their view of reality. The sad thing is, they never question it.
To put the idea into personal, colloquial terms: if someone can boss you around and take your money, he is not your servant. Thus, the popularly accepted rhetoric about “public servants” is completely ridiculous and patently absurd. Yet it is spouted as gospel in “civics” class. (Editor’s Note: I have always said that they are not public “servants.” They are public “servicers.” They “service” the public just like a stallion “services” a mare.)
Even more prevalent is the notion of “representative government“-the idea that people are “choosing their leaders” who then represent the will of the people. In the real world, politicians constantly do things their subjects do not want them to do.
The flaw in the theory is that government cannot possibly represent the people as a whole unless everyone wants exactly the same thing. Furthermore, one who represents someone else cannot have more rights than the one he represents. If you have no right to break into my house and steal my stuff, then you also have no right to designate a representative to do that for you. To represent someone is to act on his behalf, and a true representative can only do what the person he represents has the right to do. The people that politicians claim to represent have no right to do anything that politicians do (levy taxes, make war, etc).
It is interesting that those who talk about “representative government” refuse to accept any personal responsibility for the actions of those for whom they voted. Voters never feel the same guilt or shame they would feel if they themselves had personally done such things. This fact demonstrates that even the most enthusiastic voters do not actually believe the rhetoric about “representative government.”
Another example of a deceptive euphemism is the “rule of law.” The theory is that objective, reasonable rules are imposed upon humanity equally. This is absurd. In reality “the law” is a collection of commands issued and enforced by people. There would be a difference between “rule of law” and “rule of men” only if the so-called “laws” were written by something other than men.
More to come…
*Note: We hold no special government issued licenses or permits. We don’t accept government subsidies, bailouts, low-cost loans, insurance, or other privileges. We don’t lobby for laws that hurt our competitors. We actively oppose protectionism and invite all foreign competitors to try to under price us. We do not lobby for tariffs, quotas, or anti-dumping laws. We do not support the government’s budget deficits: we hold no government or agency securities.
To Subscribe to our daily e-mail alert service, send an e-mail with the word “subscribe” on the subject line.
- Exposing Obama would Reveal the Depth of US Government Corruption (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- The Weekend Vigilante July 14th, 2012 (dollarvigilante.com)
- (Col Sellin) Exposing Obama would reveal the depth of US Government corruption – English pravda.ru (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A Stealth Coup d’État in the United States (english.pravda.ru)
- (Col Sellin) A Stealth Coup d’État in the United States – English pravda.ru (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hardt & Negri, Representation, and Absolute Democracy (pathtothepossible.wordpress.com)
- Why The GOP Does Nothing About Obama: One Has To Be A Dimwit To Believe America Has 2 Parties (themadjewess.com)
- How Did America Come To A State of Collapse In The Economic And Social Order? (personalliberty.com)
- Exposing Obama would reveal the depth of US Government corruption (english.pravda.ru)
- Is Justice Roberts a Big Player? (thinkmarkets.wordpress.com)
- Dan Morain: Obama’s policies help Indians, but payback is iffy (sacbee.com)
- Are We at the Turning Point? (lewrockwell.com)
- Acting Like Serfs, Treated Like Serfs – COPS OUT OF CONTROL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: HEY! Do You Know About FlyOver Press Yet??? ~ Flyover Press – News & views from the rest of the nation (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Coal operators watched from above (fuelfix.com)
- Mountaintop Removal Aerial Surveillance: Coal Operations Have Been Watched For Past 4 Years (huffingtonpost.com)
- Why I love Gemini Flyover (thehindu.com)
- Midwest ranchers, lawmakers protest EPA flyovers (cnsnews.com)
- Re FlyoverPress.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- African-American Politicians Calling for More Minority Contracts for Englewood “Flyover” Project (chicagotalks.org)
- Jimmy Kimmel’s New Toy: Bawling ‘Boehner Baby’ (newser.com)
- Flyover wall mended after 3 days (thehindu.com)
- Politics delays answer to flooding (newsinfo.inquirer.net)