Video: Israel Is Spying In And On The U.S.? Part 1
Author: Carl Cameron
BRIT HUME, HOST: It has been more than 16 years since a civilian working for the Navy was charged with passing secrets to Israel. Jonathan Pollard pled guilty to conspiracy to commit espionage and is serving a life sentence. At first, Israeli leaders claimed Pollard was part of a rogue operation, but later took responsibility for his work.
Now Fox News has learned some U.S. investigators believe that there are Israelis again very much engaged in spying in and on the U.S., who may have known things they didn’t tell us before September 11. Fox News correspondent Carl Cameron has details in the first of a four-part series.
CARL CAMERON, FOX NEWS CORRESPONDENT: Since September 11, more than 60 Israelis have been arrested or detained, either under the new patriot anti-terrorism law, or for immigration violations. A handful of active Israeli military were among those detained, according to investigators, who say some of the detainees also failed polygraph questions when asked about alleged surveillance activities against and in the United States.
- Clinton to Peres: At times like these we must act together – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- Clinton Arrives In Israel; Talks To Focus On Egypt, Iran And Palestine (ibtimes.com)
- Syria, Iran discussed during Clinton Israel visit (usnews.com)
- Pollard’s Prosecutor: No Chance Obama Will Pardon Him (israelnationalnews.com)
- Hillary Clinton offers U.S. solidarity in trip to Israel (cbc.ca)
- U.S. suspects Israel hid extent of spying: ex-envoy (dailystar.com.lb)
- Egypt is focus as Clinton visits Israel after nearly two years (news.yahoo.com)
- Clinton Arrives in Israel to Discuss Iran, Syria, Egypt – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Obama Advisor Visited Israel ‘to Stop Iran Attack’ (israelnationalnews.com)
- Should Convicted Spy Jonathan Pollard be granted clemency ? (veteransnewsnow.com)