Condi Rice, Monster in Disguise | Veterans Today
Publisher, The California Courier
In her newly published 750-page book, “A Memoir of My Years in Washington: No Higher Honor,” former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice proudly describes her efforts to defeat Armenian Genocide resolutions on two separate occasions. With great relish, she brags about her success in undermining the acknowledgment of the Armenian Genocide by the U.S. Congress in 1991 and 2007.
A close scrutiny of Rice’s arguments exposes her flawed judgment and ethical lapses. In her memoir, she relates that her first experience “with this problem” was in 1991, when she worked in the White House as acting special assistant to Pres. George H. W. Bush. Her task was “to mobilize an effort to defeat the resolution in the House of Representatives.” Gloating over her triumph, she depicts herself as battling “the powerful Armenian American lobby” that “has for years pressured Congress to pass a resolution branding the Ottoman Empire’s mass killings of Armenians starting in 1915 as genocide.” In reality, she had no need to counter what had already been acknowledged by the House of Representatives in 1975 and 1984, and by Pres. Ronald Reagan in 1981.
Rice proceeds to maintain that “there are many historical interpretations of what happened,” which is totally untrue, as there are no historical disputes on the Armenian Genocide — a universally acknowledged fact. Furthermore, Prof. Rice does not seem to realize that when she describes the Armenian “killings” as “clearly a brutal, ethnically motivated massacre,” she in fact is recognizing them as genocide, as defined under Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention………….
- Condi Rice: ‘There Is No Way’ I Will Be Romney’s Running Mate (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Are the Romneys considering Condi Rice for VP? (dailykos.com)
- Drudge: Condi Rice near top of VP list (politico.com)
- Stop Trying to Make Condi Rice Happen (theroot.com)
- You: Report: Condi Rice at Top of VP List (thedailybeast.com)
- Condi Rice’s Ties to Turkish Spy Ring | Veterans Today (2012indyinfo.com)
- What I’m Reading- No Higher Honor, Condi Rice (josephlynnkitchenjr.wordpress.com)
- Romney Campaign Responds To Bain Controv – OH MY GOD LOOK OVER THERE IT’S CONDI RICE! (wonkette.com)
- Drudge: Romney May Pick Condi Rice (drudge.com)
- Thumbs down? Conservative blogosphere reacts to potential VP Condi Rice (theblaze.com)