Prison Planet.com » ‘Dark Knight’ Shooting To Be Exploited For Political Grist
Second amendment, ‘conspiracy theorists’ to be blamed for incident
Within hours of the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado at a screening of the new Batman movie, the political machine is already gearing up to exploit the incident as a tool to demonize the second amendment and characterize Americans who are against big government as extremists.
A 6ft tall man dressed in black body armor and wearing a gas mask burst through an emergency exit door at the theater during a midnight screening of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Batman movie, before making his way up the stairs and shooting people at random, according to reports.
The man also apparently set off a smoke or tear gas bomb, killing at least 14 people and injuring dozens more.
The gunman was arrested and early reports suggested an accomplice was still on the run, but police now say there was only one shooter.
“A 24-year-old suspect in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and searched for possible explosives, ” reports the Denver Post.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
A possible motive for the shooting – bizarre as it sounds – is that, “the gunman carried out the shooting because the new Batman movie was sold out,” according to local reports.
Observers following news reports about the incident have already noticed that the tragedy is being exploited to demonize Americans suspicious of federal authority – noting that the villain in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is an anti-establishment character.
“They’re claiming that since the villain in the movie was “rising up” against authorities that’s what this guy may have been doing,” writes Brandon Nolley.
Others fear that the shooter will be labeled a “conspiracy theorist” and used to portray so-called “truthers” as violent extremists.
“I have a feeling he’s going to be a “extremist” with “Conspiracy theorist” views, may be he even saw Alex’s review of the movie,” writes Evan Munn. “They are going to parade out the children’s bodies like OKC.”
- 14 Dead, 50 Injured in Batman Horror (huffingtonpost.com)
- Shooting at Batman premiere near Denver (cbsnews.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” UK Home Secretary dismisses critics of internet surveillance bill as “conspiracy theorists” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Colorado shooting: Unknown number of people shot at Aurora movie theater (denverpost.com)
- Report: Movie Theater Shooting Hurts at Least 20 (fox8.com)
- A Climate for Conspiracy (psychologicalscience.org)
- At least 20 wounded in shooting at Colorado movie theater, official says (cnn.com)
- US gun attack at Batman premiere (bbc.co.uk)
- Masked gunman shoots 10 dead at Batman screening in Denver (guardian.co.uk)
- Shooting Rampage at Dark Knight Rises Showing in Colo.; 14 Dead (newsfeed.time.com)