Prison Planet.com » Democratic Operatives Urged Obama To Seize On Attacks
Exploiting bloodshed to ‘re-connect with the American people’
Despite Barack Obama’s apparent hesitancy to politicize last week’s Aurora massacre for election points scoring, his supporters
have been far less reserved, urging the President to hijack such attacks in order to secure re-election.
Democratic Operatives Urged Obama To Seize On Attacks 436×328 6472 227888
As we reported yesterday, Time Magazine lamented the fact that Obama had not been forceful enough in seizing upon Friday’s tragedy to reinvigorate the evisceration of the second amendment.
However, others have gone even further, to the point of seemingly welcoming terror attacks and bloodshed as a means of helping Obama pose as a tough leader and in turn rallying Americans around his big government agenda.
During a 2010 appearance on Chris Matthews’ Hardball, former Clintonite and Democrat operative Mark Penn brazenly stated that Obama would need to take advantage of a massacre to get fresh momentum behind his presidency.
“Remember, President Clinton reconnected through Oklahoma, right?” Penn told Matthews. “And the president right now seems removed. It wasn’t until that speech [after the bombing] that [Clinton] really clicked with the American public. Obama needs a similar” defining moment, said Penn.
Penn was not alone in invoking how an act of mass bloodshed could ride to Obama’s political rescue.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
In an article concerning Obama’s plunging popularity before the 2010 mid-terms, Robert Shapiro, former senior advisor to President Bill Clinton, wrote that the only thing that could conceivably rescue Obama’s presidency was a terror attack on the scale of the Oklahoma City bombing.
“The bottom line here is that Americans don’t believe in President Obama’s leadership,” said Shapiro, adding, “He has to find some way between now and November of demonstrating that he is a leader who can command confidence and, short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can’t think of how he could do that.”
While last week’s shooting is not on the scale of OKC, it certainly serves as a reminder in the run up to November that Obama’s shrewdest supporters will not stop at exploiting any further acts of violence in America as a propaganda tool to ensure Obama’s re-election.
Obama finds himself in an almost identical situation to that faced by Bill Clinton before the 1995 attack on the Alfred P. Murrah building. A declining approval rating coupled with a re-emergence of widespread animosity towards the growth of big government.
Clinton unashamedly used the OKC bombing to demonize his political adversaries and whip up support for his re-election campaign.
- Obama Shuns Politics in Aurora (whitehousedossier.com)
- Obama offers comfort after Colorado shooting (utsandiego.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Death to the State! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” A Deeper Look At “The Dark Knight Rises” Shooting: A CIA Black Op? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obama White House Lauds Syrian Suicide Bombing (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- In Wake of Colorado Tragedy, a Concern Over the Propriety of Campaigning (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Clinton: Romney playing by a different set of rules? (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama Says He Spoke to Victims’ Families as Father, Husband – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Bill Clinton is out of control [In other words : Bubba is sabotaging Obama's strategy] (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama Supported Work Requirements Before He Was Against Them (VIDEO) (heritage.org)