Prison Planet.com » Ron Paul’s Political Legacy Will Be Decided TODAY
Will Paul’s bill to audit “high exalted priesthood” Federal Reserve pass today?
Ron Pauls Political Legacy Will Be Decided TODAY auditthefed1Wednesday the 25th of July is the day that libertarian Congressman Ron Paul’s political legacy will be written, as the House votes on his bill to audit the Federal Reserve.
In order to pass, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, H.R. 459, needs two-thirds of the House to vote in favor. That equates to around 292 votes.
Last month, a bipartisan vote in the House Oversight Committee was almost completely unanimous in approving the bill, advancing it to the House floor.
The bill has 270 co-sponsors, including nearly four dozen Democrats, and insiders believe that every Republican representative will support the legislation, meaning that barring some major flip flopping, the bill will be successfully passed.
If it is successful, the bill would require the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct a top to bottom audit of the Fed’s board of governors and 12 regional banks, and reveal details of its private monetary policy deliberations.
Speaking in favor of the bill and addressing this very point, however, Ohio Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich urged that the Fed is already “political” in the decisions it makes.
“We have unemployment because of politics. We have people losing their homes because of politics. We have banks getting uncalculated amounts of money from the Federal Reserve and we don’t even know about it. Meanwhile people can’t get a loan to keep their home or keep their business.” Kucinich stated in an impassioned speech.
“Let’s look at some recent history here.” the Congressman continued.
“2008: subprime meltdown, collateralized debt obligation, go back for mortgage-backed securities, neighborhoods in Cleveland melting down, people losing their homes. The Fed looked the other way and we’re saying, ‘oh, don’t go into the Fed, it would be political.’ Yes, it’s political.”
“This is all about disclosure and…………………………………………..
- It’s Guilty of the Largest Theft in American History (lewrockwell.com)
- Ron Paul Has the Final Say by Bob Adelmann (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- True to Form Since 1976 (lewrockwell.com)
- Central Banks Are Doomed (lewrockwell.com)
- Ron Paul’s Parthian Shot (lewrockwell.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” House Committee Approves Ron Paul’s Audit The Fed Bill (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul: There’s “No Way” I’m Endorsing Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul Asks Father’s Supporters Not to Give Up on GOP (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul: We Must Stop the Fed from Causing More Harm (ronpaul.com)
- House to Vote on Ron Paul Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Congressional Video – Kucinich Rails Against The Fed, Demands A Full Audit (H.R. 459) (dailybail.com)
- Dennis Kucinich Defies Democratic Colleagues, Says ‘It’s Time That We Stood Up to the Fed’ (libertycrier.com)
- Become a “Citizen Cosponsor” of Audit the Fed Bill (speaker.gov)
- Audit The Fed Bill On Track To Pass House (huffingtonpost.com)
- Vote on Audit the Fed is tomorrow! (occupyventura805.wordpress.com)
- Dems warn Paul’s ‘audit the Fed’ bill will politicize monetary policy – The Hill (blog) (thehill.com)
- Ron Paul’s Audit The Fed Bill On Track To Pass House; Vote Scheduled For Later Today (UPDATE) (dailybail.com)
- Ron Paul: We Must Stop The Fed From Causing More Harm – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- BREAKING: Romney tweets shout-out to Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed (investmentwatchblog.com)