Prison Planet.com » The Audit The Fed Bill Gets Passed By The House But Obama And The Democrats Are Going To Kill It
On Wednesday, Ron Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve was overwhelmingly passed by the U.S. House of Representatives. The vote was 327 to 98. You would think that a bill with such overwhelming support would easily become law.
But it won’t, because Barack Obama and the Democrats plan to kill it. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reidhas already said that the Senate will not even consider the bill. But of course if Barack Obama called Harry Reid and told him that he wants this bill to get through the Senate so that he could sign it then Harry Reid would be singing a much different tune.
Sadly, we all know that is not going to happen. Barack Obama’s good buddy Ben Bernanke called the Audit the Fed bill a “nightmare scenario” last week, and Obama is certainly not going to do anything to upset Bernanke – especially this close to the election. Obama needs Bernanke to do everything that he possibly can to stimulate the economy so that Obama will look as good as possible in November. The sad truth is that there is absolutely no chance that the Audit the Fed bill will become law and that is a crying shame.
So why is an audit of the Federal Reserve so important?
Why does Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke consider an audit of the Federal Reserve to be a “nightmare scenario” that must be avoided at all costs?
Well, perhaps it is because there has never been a true comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve since it was created back in 1913.
The Federal Reserve has more power over the economy than anyone else in the country does, and yet they are virtually unaccountable and the American people have very little idea what has been going on behind closed doors over at the Fed for the past 100 years.
A very limited audit of the Fed that was passed a couple of years ago that examined transactions during the last financial crisis discovered that the Federal Reserve had actually loaned out more than 16 trillion dollars in nearly interest-free money to the “too big to fail” banks between 2007 and 2010.
Keep in mind that U.S. GDP for the entire year of 2011 was only slightly more than 15 trillion dollars.
The Federal Reserve loaned out trillions upon trillions of dollars to their friends and never told the American people about it.
You would think that Congress would be quite eager to see what else has been going on over at the Federal Reserve.
But instead, many Democrats are completely and utterly opposed to auditing the Fed any further.
U.S. Representative Barney Frank (a Democrat) seemed to regard the bill as a joke even after it overwhelmingly passed in the House. Frank stated that “nobody here thinks this will ever become law“.
According to Politico, there is zero chance that the bill will get through the U.S. Senate….
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has said the Senate will not consider the bill, effectively killing its chances of becoming law.
But we all know that if Obama wanted this bill to become law that it would be a done deal.
If Barack Obama came out tomorrow in front of the television cameras and declared his support for this bill it would sail right through the Senate.
Unfortunately, the Obama administration has made it very clear that it considers a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve to be a really, really bad idea.
For example, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner once stated that auditing the Fed is a “line that we don’t want to cross” and that if we did audit the Fed it would be “problematic for the country”.
So what exactly did he mean by that?
That is a very good question.
In any event, people should……………
- Minutes ago, the U.S. House voted to pass our Audit the Fed bill! (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- House passes Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ bill – RT (2012indyinfo.com)
- The Audit The Fed Bill Gets Passed By The House But Obama And The Democrats Are Going To Kill It (theeconomiccollapseblog.com)
- House passes Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ bill (rt.com)
- WARNING: The Audit The Fed Bill Gets Passed By The House But Obama And The Democrats Are Going To Kill It (investmentwatchblog.com)
- The Audit The Fed Bill Gets Passed By The House But Obama And The Democrats Are Going To Kill It (sgtreport.com)
- Breaking News:House Votes Overwhelmingly to Audit the Fed! (thelonestarwatchdog.com)
- Stinking, Criminal Senate Expected to Kill the Ron Paul ‘Audit the FED’ Bill (sgtreport.com)
- House passes Ron Paul’s ‘Audit the Fed’ bill (EndtheLie.com)
- Ron Paul’s final act: Audit the Fed hits the floor for a vote today (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- This Video Of Harry Reid Demanding A Federal Reserve Audit Will Blow Your Mind (businessinsider.com)
- House passes Ron Paul’s ‘audit the Fed’ bill (washingtontimes.com)